"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, December 26, 2015

December 26, 2015

Writing on this blog has been sparse.  I confess I will write a post then save it to drafts~not sure why I don't publish.  This post is for someone that visited me the other day and we made salsa.  This person made note of my lack of blogging and made me aware of how important it is to jot things down here.

Okey doke-I will do an update post~

*Grandbaby #1 is now sitting up on his own and saying many words momma and dadda are clear and he seems to know that they are for momma and dadda.  Second, his wife and grand #1 went to Texas for a week. 

* Grandbaby#2 is now smiling and gibber-jabbering too. He is so very happy and has blue eyes!  His momma and daddy came to the house yesterday for time with Bill as it was his birthday!

*Fourth is doing fantastic and was promoted in her job.  She went to El Paso with Bill and I Wednesday and we had a great time!  She came to the house yesterday as well.  We also went to movies the other day and she and I had a gamenight. It is crazy how much fun I have with her!

*First is also doing wonderful. He and his sweetie came out on the 24th to drop off a gift for Bill's birthday. It was lovely to see how thoughtful they both are.  First made Chicken mole' and rice, and his sweetie put together two music CD's.  First also came over yesterday and we played UNO. 

Bill is working at the same place but in an additional capacity and that is interesting for him.  We are still slowly working on the house and finally he is my age once again (Yesterday) and for six months I am free of hearing that I am the old one! Then for six months I hear I robbed the cradle and the likes.  He does like to milk that I am six months older a good deal!

I am still me.  I love my kids and their families so much.  I am amazed at how thankful that I am that they are all here in the area and that I see them often.  I love that my kids seem to enjoy each others company as well, even if we are all lawyers when we get together.  I love that they all hug me and love me.  I love that they love Bill too.

I am typing this praying that the snowstorm expected isn't as bad as anticipated as loved ones are traveling today and I pray for their safe travels.  To my blogity friends, forgive my delay in blogging this year, next year I am returning full force to this blog! 
Hugs xxoxoo
Jennifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
It's OK, old friend can pick up where they leave off, right? ;)
Merry Christmas (belated), Happy New Year, & hugs,
LizinNY

Deanna Rabe said...

My husband's birthday is the 24th as well!

So glad to hear of your nice Christmas and family. Such a gift to never take for granted.

Deanna

Humble wife said...

Thanks Liz- Of course(hugs) my friend.

Deanna-Well fun~ we have a good deal in common-almost, with same year anniversary and hubbys bdays too!!