"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Halloween

My thoughts on Halloween have changed over the years.  I never did much as a child for Halloween as we lived in the country.

I allowed my kids to dress up a few years and we did hand out Christian tracts as I thought if I have people coming to my door I can give them the Truth.

I have come to the conclusion after my time in the Bible to avoid the very appearance of evil.
Abstain from all appearance of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Halloween is not a day of goodness or honor.  In fact, it really is a day celebrating the dead and if you study the history of Halloween it is astounding how it ever became something that the Christian church would embrace. 

This post isn't a post shaming those that celebrate Halloween.  Instead it is a post about how I have grown in my study of the Word.
Below are some posters that share the reasons as to why Halloween does not line up with the Bible.










These posters are brutally honest and may be offensive to some.
I pray that those that visit the blog understand I am no longer trying to 
be a follower of my Creator the way modern man has said I should.
Instead I am trying to be a follower by reading His Holy Word and living 
accordingly.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Humble Wife!

I agree, halloween is evil. Christians should not celebrate halloween.

The origins of Christmas are pagan, nothing to do with the birth of the Messiah.

jeff

Humble wife said...

Jeff-both points are spot on and thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.