"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Art Class

As I feel like a kid again, I will share some things I have been doing in art class.  It has been a great opportunity to learn techniques that I never knew and I am definitely enjoying the time I spend there.
pencil drawing
One class I am taking grants me the choice on what I wish to learn.
I then try and create several items in that technique.
pencil drawing
I enjoy the simplicity of using a #2 pencil and often find myself drawing  
pretty much anywhere.
tissue paper, marker, chalk pastel, decoupage
I used to read to my children the books by Eric Carle so
I wanted to try and create images like he did.
This is a kitty that I have since finished. 

pencil and kitty
This kitty is in the way of a drawing I was trying to finish.

pencil
This was a drawing for another class that works in 2D.
I really love the detail.
oil pastel
Here are some fish I made.  I wanted
to create something very simple.


chalk pastel
For this project, I wanted to create a Lewis and Clark
style journal spotlighting various plants, animals, and such that
are specific to New Mexico.  I ended up creating nine pieces for this project.


tissue, pencil chalk pastel, water, decoupage
Here is another Eric Carle type image.  This one was almost finished when I snapped 
this photo.  I really love that I can create things that I have thought about for a long time.

Now I have always crafted, but the time I am taking to learn new methods has allowed
for me to really create many things and I am pretty content.

I even made Bill in the Eric Carle style.  I will share that another day.

4 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

You are quite an artist. Keep up the good work.

Humble wife said...

Thanks Dizzy! I am just content to be creating things and hope I can for the rest of my life!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Looks like you are really enjoying yourself! Good job!

Humble wife said...

Thank you Michelle, I am having a great time!