"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, May 4, 2015

While not blogging

I have been doing other things.  I have been retired for 19 months now it has been an exciting journey.  I have been taking some art classes at the local branch.
I made this relief.  It looks a bit different since
fired and painted.

I also took a painting class and this is my station.
All four paintings are mine.

I also signed up for another drawing class. 
Eye confess it has been fun!

This is my final painting. It is 30 x 40 and I am almost finished.
The above photo was my first day placing the color behind the color...yep
I am learning a good deal of important art skills!

While not blogging I have been busy but I have missed sharing
about the farm and family.
Have a great day!
Jennifer

6 comments:

Pat said...

How exciting! I have always thought you are artistic---both with the things you create and your farm! Love your expressions on canvas!!

Humble wife said...

Awe Pat you are too too sweet! Thank you!

Dizzy-Dick said...

All looks great!! Keep up the good work and let your artistic side come out and shine.

Glenn B said...

The eye and the sunflower (I am supposing) are intriguing. Good for you.

ProudHillbilly said...

Nice!

Have you wondered how you ever had time to work? I rarely sit still since I retired.

Humble wife said...

Thank You Dizzy-it has been interesting to learn new things!

Glenn-well thank you! It is a sunflower but turned out like a Van Gogh in the finished product.

PH-So funny and true!! :)