when I am deep asleep:
- The alarm. Seriously. We have not used an alarm in many, many years because I am too weak for that sound.
- Gunshots. Yep. When we lived in Las Vegas, Nevada, someone was shooting in the parking lot near our bedroom window. I never want to hear this again.
- A screaming child/baby. This is one that makes you go from zero to 60 in the turn of a sheet!
- A coyote yip yipping nearby.
- Cats fighting beside the bed. Why? Can't they save the fight for day time? Ugh!
- Pounding on the front door. Middle of the night knocking is NOT a good sound.
- Thunder and lightning. When the rain comes with the BOLTS of lightning, and the THUNDEROUS claps of thunder your heart nearly leaps from your chest.
What is the scariest sound that had rose you from a deep sleep?