"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, November 20, 2014

It truly is how you look at things

Yum, I love pie, don't you?
Fresh out the oven~and sliced, placed in a bowl,
and I add a touch of milk and sugar.
Super delicious!
My gang prefers to eat pie with ice cream.
Both ways are perfectly fine!

Life is this way.  To know what you dislike directs you to what you like.
To establish what you want in spite of being alone in your choice is also a directional path.
We need not be exactly like everyone else.  
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: 
marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
Psalm 139:14 (This is a Psalm by David and he is praising God)

We each are fearfully and wonderfully made.  Unique and designed specifically for a purpose.


If you believe you are fearfully and wonderfully made you have a foundation to live your life.  You have worth, purpose, and importance to those around you, yourself, and the Creator.  You will see those around you and appreciate that they are fearfully and wonderfully made as well, and your perspective reveals such.

When I posted the photo above, I thought to the moment I made the pie.  My family could not wait for it to come out of the oven as the aromas were ever so incredible.  I served the pie and everyone enjoyed it, exactly the way they wanted.  Now my family had one advantage over you, the reader of this blog.  They saw the zucchini peelings and knew I had made a mock apple pie with zucchini.  One year I devoted each day to created another recipe for squash and the pie creation was a delightful surprise.  They knew it was not an apple pie-yet anticipated what possibilities that a zucchini pie could offer.

Perspective is everything.  Your day will end with a few outcomes
1. You will have a wonderful day in spite of not having everything you need, deserve, or expect.
2. You will have a horrible day because you need, deserve, or expect something.
3. You will die (God forbid), but this is an option.
4.  You will have an incredible day taking each moment as a gift and appreciate that with the bad must come good and vise-versa. 

I have known a fair share of moaning, complaining people.  It is ever so difficult to be around people that can only see #2, no matter how wonderful their lives are.  I challenge my readers to live a day with #4 as your goal~it is truly a wonderful way to live.

Oh and in spite the pie not being a pumpkin pie (my super-dedooper favorite pie in all the world), I loved the zucchini pie and am thinking perhaps I better make one today with the remaining zucchini from my garden!

3 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

I know I would like that pie better than apple. You know when I was a kid, I was so disappointed when I tasted mince meat pie because there was no meat in it. . .

Patricia Mathews said...

Thank you. I needed that, since I'm aching and slow-moving since having been knocked down by a skateboarder on campus Monday. (He and another student hauled me to my feet, though. And he apologized.) And to not whine, but look for the good - did I tell you I have a bumper crop of pears? - needs a bit of reinforcing right now.

Humble wife said...

Dizzy-you make me smile! Thank you so much for all your comments!

Patricia-ugh, sorry about being knocked down!!

Pears~~yummmmmmmm! I am thinking of how wonderful that would be. Enjoy all of your recipes with the pears!