"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, November 23, 2014

From the gross, cold, bounty, humor, blast from the past, love being a mom, New Mexican files.

Gross:
Another rodent bites the dust.  Points~Athena (doberman mix)
That is Bill's foot. The critter was as long as my foot...including its tail.


Cold:
Winter weather is starting off better.
This was our low the other day!!
Bounty:

This is how we fill the freezer on the farm.
Bill got an elk the first minutes of the first day he went hunting.
Humor:
I must remember to defrost the turkey.*

Blast from the past:
This is from the oldie files.
It is one of my favorite photos with the three boys walking together.
We had picked up First from the airport after his first duty assignment
at Fort Drum, NY. 

Love being a mom:
From the I love being a mom files.  I found this photo in a
series of photos like this depicting an egg crime scene with cop eggs, murdered eggs, and 
criminal eggs. I never saw it in real life so they must have done this while
I was gone and cleaned up before I came home. For me, it was ever so fun to see
how they had "created a story, acted it out, and documented it." 

New Mexican files:
From You know you are from New Mexico face*book page.
Pretty much the truth aside from about 5 days every winter.
Of course, in truth, I don't own any socks.
Even though we do have cold nights the days are lovely. 
ps. I don't own winter coat either.

*this was from 2009.  We haven't really had snow like that in a while. 

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Talk about quitting "cold turkey". Now I know what a cold turkey looks like.

Humble wife said...

DD-haha. I'm glad I was able to share cold turkey with you. It definitely is a doozey!