"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Mothership

Bill made a funny joke the other day as we were passing signs for City of Rocks State Park.   I am crazy for rocks.   I cannot help it.   With that, as we passed the sign, Bill saw me turn my head towards it and he said "Jen, it's your mothership!"  I laughed so hard, as anything called City of Rocks way out yonder in the middle of nowhere definitely is me.

Before I reveal where the previous posts photos were taken from, I will share City of Rocks. 

Out in the middle of nowhere is the City of Rocks.
 
  
The rocks are massive and they are in clusters or gatherings
like neighborhoods.
 

It is a place where you can camp in tents or even in campers.

Anyway you look the views are breathtaking. 

If you camp in tents you can camp among the rocks.
Some camp even without tents!
 

I thought about Stonehenge as in some places you could walk and the 
rocks were almost in circle patterns.  City of Rocks became
as a result of volcanic eruptions long ago. 


In so many places large rocks appeared gently placed upon others.

The trails are maintained so it is an easy walk to each rock gathering.

All and all I did feel as though I was home.  I am certain that water 
must be scarce in this area as no historical record shows that any native
people utilized the rocks for homes like they did in the cliffs in other areas.

I imagined so many homes in the rocks.  All that would be needed would be a 
simple roof  and a southwestern door!

Yep.  I am nuts for rocks. 
*sigh*