"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, July 14, 2014

My View

Often I share that I may not have a million dollar house, but I have million dollar views.  I thought that today, I would share a photo montage of my views as the mountains give me a different mural practically every day. 
Many times I have to stop and look again 
at my mountains as they seem to change daily!

The goats had the same priceless views!!
As well as the sheep, cows, ducks, geese, turkeys, dogs, and cats!

I have seen several fires upon my mountain.

Even through the slats of the pens, the mountains
shine through.

The clouds over the mountains are often breathtaking!


Oh and sunrises~they make waking up early AMAZING!

Once again, at different times, the mountains seem to change!


And I feel transported to Ireland!


Or to the heavens as the clouds are at times lower than the peaks!
A view through the garden.

  
Sometimes as calm as it looks, it reminds me of a volcano.

No matter what I am doing, I see my mountains.

And they wow me.

A new person moved to the Canyon and he asked us the name of 
the mountains and I told him "our last name" mountains.
He laughed and I told him the real name, and he replied that not
for him, he will always refer to them as our last name~mountains!
(as with the blog~our last name will remain unknown in bloggity world)

Each season brings colors and hues that I cannot name.

The mesquite weave almost finger like branches up to the mountains.

And I confess that I thank the Creator often for His handiwork.

Each time I leave the farm, I see
my mountains and they seem to say, "see ya
soon Jennifer!"

Even the road from the farm seems to point me to 
my mountains!

The humble recycled campaign sign pens looked incredible 
with my mountains in the background.

Snow adorns my mountains and brightens my view.

And our Creator reminds me of His Promise over my mountains.

A surprise winter wonderland has the mountain sunrise to brighten 
our joy!

As storms waver over my mountains I am comforted as I know
that they will subside.



Simple wire love hugs my mountain view
ps thank you my Bill!

Even at dusk my mountains makes me smile!

Abuelito, Bill, and Fourth with my mountains!

A dust storm hid my mountains for a bit...

The usual winter dusting makes my view lovely
and for all of these views plus so many more, I am thankful
that I have my mountains to brighten my day.

No matter what happens in life, our Creator and His handiwork
is not far from reach.  

5 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Such a beautiful place to live. We have visited your area a couple of times and love it. One trip we visited Terlingua. Last time we went stopped near your farm and the next day headed over to the Davis Mountains State Park.

Mrs.Rabe said...

Beautiful!

God has such creativity in His creation.

Deanna

Glenn B said...

Nice post, thanks for writing it. Nice mountains, thanks for sharing them.

Do you hike those mountains? That must be grand if you do so.

All the best,
GB

Humble wife said...

Dizzy-several years ago we visited Fort Davis and Balmorea state park. Love that area.

Deanna-exactly!

Glenn-yep. We have hiked both sides of the mountains. On the side facing my home it is a desert terrain, and on the backside it is tall pines, high grasses, oh and tons of fossils!

ProudHillbilly said...

Wow! Beautiful!