"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, June 9, 2014

Ten Things

  1. I love to cut up watermelon and store in canning jars in fridge.  When I need a cool refreshing snack, I open up a pint and enjoy!
  2. The farm cats are crazy hunters.  Sometimes I hear the squealing mouse that dangles in their mouth...while inside!
  3. I have not seen one tarantula this season.  I wonder why?
  4. I have not updated my reading or projects tabs on the sidebar in forever.  Too much going on, too little time to update.
  5. I love the gazebo at Alameda Park and I will never forget June 7, 2014...and how special the day was.
  6. My garden is not what is was in years past.  The allergy season this year is knocking me out.  Ugh.
  7. I am sitting in my pj's while typing this.
  8. I wonder what Bill is doing right now? 
  9. I am sick, sick, sick, sick of the mainstream media, politics, and the lies that are told to mislead or outright change situations. 
  10. In spite of the problems with our media, the government, etc, I am and will continue to stand firm in the Truth. 

3 comments:

Mrs.Rabe said...

Did you have another family wedding this weekend? In the gazebo at Alameda Park?

These are troubling times for our nation. Thankful we know who holds it all in HIS hands.

Deanna

Marica said...

#1: Did you know you can freeze melon? Of course it doesn't really hold it's texture, but we use it in jello-type salads (instead of say, pineapple).

#9: Cantor. Hahaha.

#10. Me too.

Humble wife said...

Deanna-why yes we did!!

Marica-I did not know that! I have froze the melon juices in ice cube trays, but what a great idea!!