"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Some things I see

in my day.
The bed.
It calls me each day around 2 pm and I do not give in (much).
I like the black and white photo because we are still working on our
room.  The framing in of the windows and painting has been our latest
adventures.

I pass this shelf as I wander throughout the home.
I read and re-read the cookbooks upon these shelves.

This is one of the projects I am working on.  My sidebar Tally Page is misleading
as I have not updated it in so long that I should take down the button.

Sigh...

Where I am sitting as I type this post.  I use the wooden 
chair because I cannot reach the floor on the chairs we repurposed.
The plants are waiting to be placed back on the recently dusted windowsill.


The Road Not Taken and Philippians 4:13
Both on the side of my fridge.

Gift from Second and his sweetie after they went to one of the local 
orchards.  Yum.

My breakfast.  
Homemade tomato with rice soup and topped with lovely onions.

My bed in color with the afternoon sun shining in.
The walls are southwestern sky blue and I love them!

4 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

I like that bed, rustic looking. Did you make it? Of course that is a stupid question, you make the bed every day. What I mean, did you build the wooden head and foot boards?

Mrs.Rabe said...

You are a true home maker. You have made a home and family life that are rich and full and beautiful!

Deanna

Humble wife said...

Dizzy-LOL. No, we found the bed in a small town in Nevada and I knew it was to be my bed.

Deanna-awww thank you!

Susan said...

Haven't been around in awhile. Loved seeing parts of your lovely home.