"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Monday, April 7, 2014

Twenty-one years ago TODAY

continuing on from last post...Twenty-one years ago, I closed with this:

I loved our daily walks but as each day passed more and more Germans would approach me with questions about my condition.

I can look back and confidently say that I too was surprised by my condition.   I mean I understood it, but still, I would chuckle somewhat and look in the mirror and tell myself I was crazy...

You see, twenty-one years ago TODAY,  I gave birth once again!  I surprised my neighbors because then, where we lived, two children was considered a good sized family and I was having my third less than a year after I had my second child!

Crazy!

Actually not so. I love being a mom.  I am content now watching my wee ones move on in their lives and thankful that I have had the opportunity that I have had to be their mom.  With that...time for the photos~sappy and corny as they are. 

My blog montage of Third over the years:







Today we are having a birthday dinner for Third
with his bride and her parents and as many of the goof troop that 
can make it.  
I am setting up decorations and baking as I type!
 
The banner spot.
Yep I tape every banner up here as you can see 
from tape remnants of banners of old!

This will soon be covered with more streamers and photos...
then I will put a tablecloth on the desk and use this for the 
buffet for dinner!

This year I am putting together photo montages for the kids.
  For each photo, especially while we were overseas, I 
sent it to York Color Labs to have them develop the photos.
Naturally with this option...most of the photos have all the 
kids in it(to save $).  I smile now thinking that I would not
 change a thing.  BUT  I do want to make several copies 
so each of the kids has a complete set!
 
Here is one of the letters close up!

With extra photos I put them up on the shutters
with clothespins.
It was great fun to go through the photos.
 

I love this photo because Third is not quite 3 and 
Bill had to 'help' him stay in the seat.  You remember
the photo booths at the malls?  Yep, this one 
had a calendar option. 
 

AND finally an early photo of my precious little blessing~
while he was still in the kinderklinik.  He spent several weeks in
the hospital as he was a preemie...(much like his brother First, and sister
Fourth).


Aren't the little German outfits adorable?
  
Oh and to my precious Third...Dad and I love you so much.

Happy Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Mrs.Rabe said...

I was right! Irish Twins! How fun! What a cutie his was and is!

Congratulations!

Deanna

Mystic Mud said...

Awwwwww.....I love all the pictures. What a handsome group of boys and k...um, gee...HOW DO YOU spell her same? Is as cute back then as she is beautiful today!

I loved the little snippets of background in some of the pics...because I was like...oh I e been there, I remember that :) it makes me miss you guys so much more.

Tell your birthday boy happy birthday from all of us!!

kymber said...

sniff. sniff. oh Jen - you write the most beautiful posts about your children and husband - you always make me cry with such happiness! you have indeed been blessed in your life and your children are a true reflection of your and Bill's incredible parenting. i loved the previous post about living in Germany, too! Happy Belated Birthday to Third! much love to you and all of the DN crew!

your friend,
kymber

Humble wife said...

Deanna! LOL-they are 9 months 10 days apart! Thank you!

Michele-awwww thank you, and yep it is kind of like you were here. I walk past the height chart and smile because I have Mystic Mud gang in a time capsule of 2014! When I see your cuties we can compare how much they have grown!! Thank you from all of your gang!!

Kymber-You always are so kind in your comments. I love my family and perhaps I am mushy but I have but a window with them and I never want them to wonder how I felt! hugs to you and your handsome cutie pie!