"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Don't Have a Microwave and Other Randomness

It's not like I am super crazy* or anything.  I do realize it is 2014 and practically the entire world has a microwave.  In fact, when Bill and I were a young married couple, we put money aside each month to buy a microwave, and then did so.  Over the years we have had to replace our microwave because of foil, a fork, two toddlers and something that they did, and also when we moved overseas.  Our final microwave began sparking a few years ago and I kind of wondered if the two toddlers as two teens might have tried a Mythbuster experiment.  Who knows!?  Anyhow it died and we did not replace it.  A while ago, I did buy a microwave for the two teens(when they were still teens) workplace as well as for Bill's workplace because it is hard to send lunches when your sweeties can't warm it up.

*Okay, maybe I am super crazy or something!

On to randomness.  The war against the mice is waning yet shocking.  For anyone that has read this blog for a while, you know that I am a tad freaked out by snakes.  Extra rodents...would mean extra SNAKES.  Did you hear my scream?  Well you should have~ugh!



 I forgot to take photos of everyone looking at Third's photo wall but here is a photo before everyone arrived.   I really loved seeing each one of the kids taking time and talking about the photos.  What seems like yesterday for Bill and I is a lifetime for our cuties and it was amazing to hear the stories that the photos triggered.  After the meal we ended up taking the second table down and playing cards at the main table.  I confess that my face hurts after how much I laughed!

The baby boom is happening at Bill's work.  Three babies born in a period of 4 days!!
  From the Double Nickel Farm welcome Kai, Sofia ,and Brooklyn!

It is holiday season and I am going to share some posts about the upcoming days.   For now I am going to share two verses:

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.  1 John 2:6

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps.  1 Peter 2:21


Christ is our example as well as our Saviour.  Man is warned many times to avoid false prophets and the doctrines of men yet repeatedly many fall under the wiles of man.  In this season, it is important to remember that even if something has been done for many years it may be mans tradition and not of God.

4 comments:

ProudHillbilly said...

And then there's the gold leaf you didn't think was real on the mug you stick in the microwave...

Heard the thunder of cat paws coming down the hall towards my bedroom. Mouse fleeing before them. It went under my bed. I just told the cats it was their responsibility and went back to sleep. Haven't found the body yet...

Susan said...

Lovely table as always!! On CHRIST the solid rock I stand....all other ground IS sinking sand.

Marica said...

" it was amazing to hear the stories that the photos triggered"

I find mine-- now all grown up , too-- are offering a few more details with their stories than they offered when they were younger! Go figure!

Everything looks so festive! Love the big boot!

Humble wife said...

Oh Proud! I laughed out loud. Yep that is our kitties jobs as well and haven't seen an indoor mouse in a few years.

Susan- AMEN!! thank you about the table-you are such an example of family unity no matter how old the babies get! I thank you and Mickey for that!

Marica-so true about stories I hear now, like the blanks I didnt know about are filled in!

The boot is where Bill stores his boot cleaning essentials and a few pairs of his boots. I a quirky and when I saw it at a flea market, I knew it was coming home with me!!