"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, February 24, 2014

This~That~and the Other

Yep, it's time for a this, that, and the other post. I haven't been blogging much lately. The weather has been pretty lovely, I am busy with indoor planting trays, I am studying, and I am enjoying life.

This past week reminded me of my parents.  My mom died three years ago on the 19th of February.  My dad's birthday was the 20th of February.


 Mom loved the cream horns you can buy from the grocery store deli. 
 
photo credit Walmart
I bought some cream horns the other day as I was thinking of her and how she would buy a pack when she would get groceries.  When we would unload the groceries she would say something like, "someone sold me an open pack,"  as one was always missing! 

My dad would have turned 75 if things were different.  Instead he was killed in Vietnam when he was 28. 


That brings me to my next photo.  Dad was killed before I was born.  I had little understanding of what a dad could be like, until I began having children.
Bill has been a wonderful dad to our cutie pies.   The above photo is from Friday night at the Emergency Room.  That seems to be the new almost family reunion place, as 6 of our now 8 members of the family met up.   

Now on to the Other.   Other as in Face*book photos folks have posted.

Seriously.
 
Says the granddog Athena.
Athena
 

Seriously.
 Life is filled with this, that, and the other.  I pray you all have this day to love others that are around you.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

You are on my mind today - just wanted you to know that someone in Oklahoma is thinking about you! Miss you!

Humble wife said...

Awww Carrie!! You are such a sweetie! (((Hugs))) to you and yours!

Pat said...

Oh Jen...I know how these times of remembering must be. I lost my Mom in March of last year. He birthday is Feb.23. A friend gave me a large boxof chocolate covered cherries (I don;t really like to eat them, but I told her a couple of years ago that that was the standing gift my Dad always brought my Mom)...so I am there with you. You have been on my heart all day, and I just slowed long enough to catch up. Cant wait for the pics of your garden!!
Much love to all!!