"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, February 14, 2014

For Bill

(This is from 2013...and I liked it so much I thought I would repost it with a few updates)

My Handsome Bill, 
I know you will stop by the blog today so I thought I would write you a note. Yep~for the world to see.  As I have pondered the years we have had together, I wonder how it could be 25 years, as it seems like yesterday when we met.

I knew the moment I saw you that I was going to be your wife.
I never considered any other possibility.
I am stubborn that way.

I cannot imagine a day without you~even if we are busy doing separate projects, I must know you are near.
I never realized before I was married how incomplete I was,
Until I met you.

We never set out to be anything more than us.
Yet, in that simplicity, we became more.
And because of that we will live beyond our years.

All because...two people...fell...in love.

My heart races minutes before you arrive home.
My vanity requires a check in the mirror.
All because I only care how I look...for you.

We have traveled near and far.
And set up life in places I could have never dreamed of.
All because~whither thou goest.

Oft times words aren't needed.
A look says a thousand words.
All because.

You have made my life complete...if I can borrow from a Kenny Rogers song.
They shall be one...if I can borrow from Genesis.
All because.

All because...two people...fell...in love.

To my sweetest Bill, thank you for the best years of my life 1988  1989  1990  1991  1992  1993  1994  1995  1996  1997  1998  1999  2000  2001  2002  2003  2004  2005  2006  2007  2008  2009  2010  2011  2012  2013 2014*

ps~I love you forever and a day

4 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

What a wonderful and lovely post!! I know exactly how you feel, my wife and will be celebrating our 50th year this summer and since I worked from my home, we have been together for all that time.

Humble wife said...

Dizzy-Your comment makes my heart smile, 50 years~~ woohoo! I am ever so happy to read of your marriage and pray for many more years for you and your beloved!

kymber said...

teehee...you MUST go and read my comment back to your comment on my Valentine's day post -

my comment was funny. but even funnier now that i have read this - bahahahahahah!

love to all of you! your friend,
kymber
(bahahahahahaha! still laughing!)

Humble wife said...

Kymberrrrrrrrrr I am cracking up...you are definitely not a sufferer of seasonal depression are you? Or MAYBE you are and get slap happy!!! hahhahaha
xoxxox