"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Well how about that?

The other day,   Fourth took Bill, Second, and I to lunch!  We went to Blake's Lotaburger in Alamogordo, New Mexico.  Blake's is a restaurant that began in New Mexico in 1952.

 I love the Blake's sign!  Looking beyond the sign
you can see Alameda Park.

The weather wasn't perfect, but we were able to
eat outside and enjoy a bit of family time with a few
of the kiddos.

  Blake's is a cozy place to eat.  The charm of the umbrella covered 
tables outside are so inviting.

  
I am thankful for my goof troop.  I am humbled by
the amount of times they take Bill and I out on dates
I look forward to many more with each and every one of them!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Love Blakes Lot-a-burgers!!! We always have to have one every trip we make back to Albuquerque. Always have to have green chili on mine!!

justdifferent said...

One of my Dads close friends from Albuquerque was one of the original employees of Blakes. He rose in management with them for many years. Trivia, from the best of my knowledge they were the first or at least among the first restaurant chain to use solely angus beef for their hamburgers. My parents considered them to be just about the best hamburgers in the world.

Humble wife said...

Susan~you and Bill share another thing~HE loves green chile on his burger!

Sherry-Cool connection and trivia. Angus burgers~amazing right? Well for the carnivore crew at least ;O)