"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Just when you think

it's too cold for creeping critters...
my little friend made an appearance in the garden.
I guess tarantulas aren't as bad as rattlesnakes~

Although we were 19 F yesterday morn, and 12 F now...the days have been sunny.
I actually had time to work outside in the tire garden and mix soil and plot for spring.

My garden is a haven for the rattlesnakes, snakes, rats, voles, and of course tarantulas.  
I let the dogs go in before me every time I go in...as the snakes give me real chills, not
like the temps we are having.  I should rethink that though, after Samson's recent encounter
with the rattlesnake.   On second thought, I am going to continue to let the dogs go in first!


 As my thoughts are on the 2014 garden I decided to share a view from the far east side.
This photo was taken on December 22, 2013

The snow is gone but the view remains!

Guess I have the garden on my mind...what's on your mind?

4 comments:

russell1200 said...

I like spiders. I kill the black widows, but its nothing personal. They just hand out in areas I need to work in.

Susan said...

Eager for where God will lead us this year. His hand is, and always has been on us. What joy, what comfort, what a LORD!!!

Susan said...

Eager for where God will lead us this year. His hand is, and always has been on us. What joy, what comfort, what a LORD!!!

Humble wife said...

Russell-We kill the black widows too. Can't risk side effects!

Susan-I noted that your comment came through twice, BUT it was a perfect comment that stands to repeat!