"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, January 13, 2014

All because of a blogity friend in Oklahoma...

my Sunday had a unique plan. 
The day began with me packing these items in a bag
making two sandwiches and several other picnic items,
loading them in the vehicle...and
 
driving through the mountains

and the prairies/desert

to a small town 100 plus miles away.  We sat in this room,
listened to a man share about the Bible and how it is all relevant and 
important...not just the new but the old too.

Took a photo of  some Bill's
Bill Cloud on the left (the guest speaker), and my Bill
then

we stopped here as the Yucca was so lovely and decided 
that this would be where we enjoy our picnic.

We really were in the middle of nowhere...

with wide open skies and the perfect company.


We had our simple lunch of sandwiches, oranges, and chips,

and I noticed something...that made me smile.

You see, on this day, a lovely getaway date for Bill and I, that a sweet
blogger suggested~

had us picnic at the corner of Joy Rd. and Hope Hwy!

 The perfect place~and we had no idea aside from the fact, that
we decided it was a good place to pull over!



*I will share more about the Bible study soon.

8 comments:

ProudHillbilly said...

Made me smile.

Humble wife said...

Me too Proud! :)

MammaBear said...

Love!!

Btw, did you get me email?

Patti said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh neat!!
-LizinNY

Humble wife said...

Jennifer-yes I did!!

Patti-Pretty cool isn't it?

Liz~I know!!! ;)

Susan said...

Oh, this made an already wonderful day even better!!! So glad you went and got to hear Bill. The "sign" is truly a sign!!!! I "stole" the picture, by the way!!!!!

Humble wife said...

Yes Susan~the sign was a lovely sign to wrap up the day!! :)