"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Snowball Fight!

We woke to almost 4 inches of snow!  Bill started our outside journey by throwing a snowball at me and let me say this...I returned fire!  So you can properly visualize two old goofs outside in the snow, I was wearing Bill's socks, slip on shoes, capri pants (Bill's socks are over my knees), and must look silly to any genuine person that is from a snowy region.  We did not have more than a trace last year, and our real last snow was in 2011 so this was a delight to this former Midwest girl!
Of course I took photos!
This is my lavender.

 my rosemary
 
Snow graffiti
I have shared that I do kind of like graffiti!

One of the farm trailers...I confess it has never
looked better as it is one of those modge-podge
truck bed conversions.

 Bill opening up one of the dog shelters.  Samson and Millie
love the snow!


Millie's first real snow!

Path to the other low barn

 
 Only brave chickidoodles!

Another view of the path and the chickies! Ironically Snowflake
the hen, opted to remain in her coop!

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.  Ecc. 3:1

1 comment:

russell1200 said...

Snow? Shudder. I thought it was cold here in Central North Carolina, but we aren't even close to having snow.