"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Snake Bite Update

Samson is home.  He was given a vaccinated horse plasma and meds
and aside from a bit of swelling he is doing better.   His head got pretty 
swollen.  It was so funny driving home with him.  He would not sit
in the back so I felt cramped with him in the cab.   Keep in mind
our vehicles are not small vehicles, yet Samson filled the passenger
seat and a bit of the center consul.   Once I got to the gate and he saw 
Fourth he really perked up~he and Fourth are best of buds!

About the snake...Bill opted to give the chickens the remains, minus
the head.   The chickens won't go near it.   They love snake and this one
is too much for them.   When I walked by the pen, knowing it was there I 
jumped as it is so big.   Ugh.  I so dislike snakes.  

5 comments:

SeaMaiden said...

I was wondering how your pup was doing. Thank goodness he's recovering.

Pat in Albuquerque said...

Blessings on his fine furry face - I am so glad he's better! Rattlers... brrrrr.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Glad Samson will be all right! He sure was excited to go home!

justdifferent said...

To quote Indiana Jones...... Snakes.. why did it have to be SNAKES.........

Humble wife said...

Sea-thank you for your concern~ he is part of us and I appreciate your comment!

Pat-indeed ugh to the rattlers. Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

Oh Michelle- me too, and boy was he ever!! xxoo

JD-Yep, that is always swirling through my mind when I am outside. It works well out here, dontcha think? :)