"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday Randomness

It finally feels like fall here.   It is more than the chill in the air.   The leaves are almost all down from the trees, and the air is different.  I am thankful that we have the woodstove and we have ample wood for the winter.

On to some other random things.   In 9 days the farm family will be celebrating a wedding!  Wow...lots of prep has been ongoing, with crafting, creating, and giggling.   I was asked recently if I thought I would be married 25 years when I married.  I said, no, not really.  When I was a bride, I honestly did not think forward.  
John and Ann Betar
But now, Bill and I have a challenge in front of us.  The people in the above photo have been married 81 years and currently hold the title of the Longest Married Couple in the US.  I wonder...will Bill and I live to 101?   It would be pretty neat, because we could see how the children and their families turn out,  as well as the grandchildren(to be).


Off on another thought~I must share that one romantic thing that Bill has done was the other day.   He made a mix CD that had songs he could sing along to, for me.   There is nothing like driving with your sweetie and he is serenading you~oh and in Spanish!
 

Randomness about the goofs. 
Oldest son has a few weeks left in the academy. 
Second completed another training level with the fire department.   I remember when he was about six, we bought two fireman suits with helmets for the boys to play with.   He used to wear it all the time...
Second on left

It looked pretty much like this, except the helmet was red.

Third~well since I mentioned red, I shall say Third bought himself a new truck this week.   Well new to him and it is red.   He now has a F-150 to call his own, well kind of, as in a few days he will be a married man!   

Fourth continues to work and has been on the side tutoring a young girl.   She amazes me, as she comes home after her teaching, and reviews what she has done.   I am so proud of her.  I read her status from Facebook this morning and laughed so hard that I am sharing it here,  "I cleaned my car today in case anyone needs 37 half empty water bottles."

Now on to other things.   Hanukkah is just around the corner.   I have shared that we on the farm have been celebrating Hanukkah for a few years now.   
I made this Hanukkiyah a few years ago.  I have a few new items I have made for Hanukkah this year that I will share in an upcoming post.  For those that wonder if the Feast of Dedication (Hanukkah) is in the Bible, read John 10:22...and it is amazing because the entire celebration is about the miracle of the light and the temple.  In 1 Corinthians 6:19 What?  Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

With that verse celebrating Hanukkah takes on a whole new meaning and one can of rededicate their temples to God and allow the Light to shine through, during this celebration.


My closing random thought is this.   In the garden of Eden, Adam and Eve were deceived.   Satan did not take something random and deceive them.  No, he took the words of God, and spun them.  When we as those that are believers consider things that we do, we should audit our beliefs through God's Holy Word.   Satan knows it quite well (read Matthew 4), and with Satan's knowledge of the word, do you suppose for just a moment, he has spun the truth just a bit...and has you off the mark?  I am going to write about this more as time goes on, but consider this~instead of wondering what would Jesus do, why not consider what did Jesus do?  That would be a great template for 21st century Christians...as we do not need to wonder what he would do.  We have the perfect example in His Word, and with John 1:1-3, we know that Jesus was with God in the Beginning...and is the Word.

Well enough randomness for the morning!  Have a lovely day!



7 comments:

Lisa Thayer said...

I like that - What Did Jesus do?

Susan said...

Jesus was/is the living Torah.

Mari said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I've enjoyed reading some of your posts and your resume too.
You have a beautiful family. Is the wedding coming up one of your kids?
I've been married 32 years. 81 years is incredible! I would have to live to 101 also to make that.

Anonymous said...

We celebrate Hanukkah and Thanksgiving day by helping the many poor and hungry here, many move here no jobs, how does that work like Dr. Phil says on his program, jobs are essential to living anywhere..We don't do presents but I do buy gift cards for the teens in foster care they get nothing, but Salvation Army helps them with gift cards..We like to think holidays are everyday when one is married to one's childhood sweetheart we have only one child who is the light and love of our lives, she is kind, loving and extremely positive..we don't think the origins of all holidays are presents, love of one's familia is essential..I love your blog and do follow Mystic Mud and pray for little FINN daily..what a sweet & loving Momma and Daddy and entire family..Happy Holidays all year thru to you and yours.!!!!

Patricia Mathews in Albuquerque said...

Your statement "instead of wondering what would Jesus do, why not consider what did Jesus do?" was worth copying into my journal and passing on. Words of wisdom indeed!

Pat said...

Jen, I love how you constantly draw your family to our Lord.

If you have anything I can help you with re: the wedding, let me know--I have coordinated a few and helped plan MANY!!

Also, know I am praying for you and your family for safety on these storms and the well being of the farm!


Humble wife said...

Lisa~me too! I heard it awhile ago and was deeply impressed!

Susan-exactly~just as it says in John!

Mari-yes the wedding is next Sunday and our third son is getting married. 32 years! Superb!!

Anonymous~ I love your comment! Esp this part~"We like to think holidays are everyday when one is married to one's childhood sweetheart we have only one child who is the light and love of our lives" I SO AGREE!

Patricia-I am glad it inspired you. Not my original thought but deeply profound and has me reading, studying, and living differently than how I did as an early new Christian.

((((Pat))))) oh you are such a dear friend Pat. I so appreciate your assistance. For us, a wedding is simple, and of course that helps as $ is low, BUT the grand news is that LOVE is large!!! We divided much of the wedding between the brides family and ours, so neither is too burdened. Even the other to be daughter in law is involved as she is making the anniversary cake. Fourth is the photographer, Bill is marrying them, and we moms are the caterers, the girls~Fourth, First's sweetie, the bride, and the moms again are the decorators. We have simple decor that we crafted the other day, as well as a few niceties. I think it will be amazing!