"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

This, That, and The Other

I haven't done a This, That, and The Other post in a while, so enjoy!

 This is how most of my photos look. 
I take a zillion photos to get one that turns out.
I know that my photography skills are not the best~
BUT in truth it is because of the antics of the subjects, 
that requires so many.

By the way, THIS is why I love being a mom so much!

That was on the table a few weeks ago.  Now it is complete
and resting upon Fourth's bed as it was her birthday present from 
me.  That was the annual gift this year to each of the kids:
a granny square quilt.

And the other~the wood is ready.  The weather is ready
and the time is nearly right to light a fire in the woodstove.
As the other bit of information is that the farmhouse is
heated solely on wood heat. 

I actually am a tad chilly this morn and I am ever so fashionable in 
flannel pj's and a heavy sweatshirt as I type!
Colder temps seem to have arrived and it is time
to pull out the quilts for the beds,
 the shirtjacks for the farm crew,
and the snuggly slippers for me!
 

Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Marica said...

" I am ever so fashionable in
flannel pj's and a heavy sweatshirt."

LOL!

Haven't pulled out the flannels yet here-- but it's coming.

Anonymous said...

Love the first photo, your daughter is beautiful even when she's trying to act goofy!

Chilly weather has arrived here too. Makes me miss YOF all the more, he LOVED the first cool days of fall.

Hugs to you and the family.

~Hossboss

Pat said...

Hello, Friend. I love that you capture the kiddos personality in pics!! Our family pics are challenging also (have you seen them in FB?) I love your picture diaries of your life. What a great gift the quilt squares are...giving the kids some love and warmth!! It is such an example to others to prepare...the wood although lots of work is the means to keep the family warm in your home....we all should be so prepared no matter what comes---and that which you encourage us all to do! Take care --Love and (((HUGS)) coming your way!

Humble wife said...

Marica-lol!!

HB ((((((HUGS))))))

Pat-Oh my friend. I have been off facebook for a few years. I give the kids something homemade each year. I love making them something each year. I stay thinking about them as I craft.

Yeppp to preparing! We all need to.

And (((Hugs))) to you and yours too!