"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Take a walk with me

on this lovely morning in southern New Mexico.   Here are some of the things around the farm.  
More bottle gourds growing~I love their flowers.

Spider web on the hoses.

My zinnias~I am looking at a vase filled with zinnias as I type!
 

The garden is still producing.  We have sweet peppers, jalapenos,
yellow squash, zucchini, pattypan squash, tomatoes, lots of herbs a
 volunteer melon plant that is still producing,
peas, and volunteer cilantro.  Note the weeds~we
had the rainiest past few months that I think NM has had in many years.

Oh the weeds are crazy~and in my brain~filled with zillions of rattlesnakes!
 

The thorns of the mesquite.  A typical day for me includes having
my attention grabbed for but a moment by one of the mesquite!


Because of the rains we have so many noxious plants growing,
pretty to the eye, but ACHOOO!

One of our wood areas.  We have several areas of wood.  Some are 
seasoning for next year, some are hard woods and others may work
for a project or two.  Cutting, chopping, and splitting wood fills the 
evenings in October.  

Samson on the hunt for a rodent.  He has been ever so generous
with his hunts and leaves a present on the porches for us~sigh.
 

One of the braided mesquites Bill has been working on.

 

Oh how lovely to look at as we walk down the lane. 
Did I say ACHOO?  

Thanks for taking a walk with me, sorry about sneezing, but those
pretty yellow flowers are the black pepper of New Mexico!

No comments: