"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Brother

finished his movie and it is ready for the world to watch. 
 


 To watch the movie click on Curtis & Dave are Dead


About my brother John.  My brother John has been known as UJ for my kids from the beginning.  The kids took Uncle John and shortened it from day one and UJ became UJ forever more.


My first memories of John resemble the photo below.  Wherever he was, I knew I could have fun.  Every family compartmentalizes each person and John has been the one I call the smart one in the family.  I think his reading the encyclopedia's triggered me to do the same.  I sure hope I did not offend any of the other siblings...because ps, they are all pretty darn smart. 
Funny I say that because Dorkese is a language John and I are fluent in and I pity the NSA vault recordings of our conversations.  Correction~ maybe someone will think we are speaking in code because who is that dorky?  
 
When I was a teen I realized that John wanted to write and direct movies.  When he has down time from that he paints.  I also consider him the artist of the family~and heck the rest of the group are pretty artistic too. It almost seems like I am running for office with my pandering to the siblings!

Anyhow, I wanted to share about UJ to my readers.  The movie is PG-13 and is a perfect movie for this month.  Not to get too cheesy, but I love my brother.  I probably don't say that enough to him as we get so sidetracked asking each other what be happening and the likes, so I will take the time now to do so.  I love you John.   I have known you all my life and you have been pretty much there for every great memory I have.  Heck...I even gave you the bestest present ever because you are you!


ABOUT CURTIS & DAVE ARE DEAD

"I had been mulling a story involving these three memorable characters, and I gave them the same stock names I always use when plotting a story: Jake, Sam, and Sarah. They eventually evolved into Curtis, Dave, and Beja well into the process," says John C. Gibson, the writer and director of CURTIS & DAVE ARE DEAD.
In late 2009, I was online, don't remember the website, when I saw a link titled something like, 'Man Dressed As Turkey Attacked by Coyote in Parking Lot!' I had no choice but to click, and there I discovered the fascinating world of the Shaytards," says Gibson. "The Shaytards is a Youtube channel detailing the lives of a young family. When I saw the coyote attack video the family was Shaycarl, Mommytard, Sontard, Princesstard, Babytard, a black Great Dane named Malachi, and their extended families. Great family, great channel," says Gibson. "The family's grown since then and they are still a pleasure to watch. Definitely check them out."
Shortly after Gibson's Shaytards discovery, Paranormal Activity was released on DVD. "I was impressed with what Oren Peli had accomplished with Paranormal Activity," says Gibson, "all on a budget of $15,000, I believe. Many of these found footage movies seem to me to have unsympathetic characters, with a lot of dead space in between the major plot points, but Peli's was the opposite. Katie and Micah were eminently likable, and it was enjoyable watching their interplay as the terror unfolded."
"Remember, this was late 2009, and the economy was still in tatters from the meltdown in the fall of 2008," says Gibson, "and the situation was the same for the fictional characters, Curtis, Dave, and Beja living in my head. Like a lot of young Americans they were unemployed and unable to find work, so they decided to emulate the Shaytards and make their own. They started a Youtube channel and called their fictional world within a fictional world, 'The Kingdom of Cobbville.' Their plan was to make money from ads and selling merchandise, like T-shirts and hats. Of course, soon things started to go terribly wrong."
"It was the combination of these two shows, the Shaytards and Paranormal Activity, and the terrible economy, which laid the structural foundations of CURTIS & DAVE ARE DEAD," says Gibson, "the Shaytards, with the genuinely nice family who interact with their fans, speak directly into the camera and break the fourth wall. Paranormal Activity, a found footage movie that isn't just a series of terror plot points separated by vast plains of nothingness. And the economy and lack of employment, which led to the creation of Curtis, Dave, and Beja's Youtube channel, which naturally explains why there are multiple cameras present to record the sometimes funny and ultimately tragic events that follow. Now I just had to write the damned screenplay."
- See more at: http://curtisanddavearedead.com/html/presskit.html#sthash.NSab0nsq.dpuf

ABOUT CURTIS & DAVE ARE DEAD

"I had been mulling a story involving these three memorable characters, and I gave them the same stock names I always use when plotting a story: Jake, Sam, and Sarah. They eventually evolved into Curtis, Dave, and Beja well into the process," says John C. Gibson, the writer and director of CURTIS & DAVE ARE DEAD.
In late 2009, I was online, don't remember the website, when I saw a link titled something like, 'Man Dressed As Turkey Attacked by Coyote in Parking Lot!' I had no choice but to click, and there I discovered the fascinating world of the Shaytards," says Gibson. "The Shaytards is a Youtube channel detailing the lives of a young family. When I saw the coyote attack video the family was Shaycarl, Mommytard, Sontard, Princesstard, Babytard, a black Great Dane named Malachi, and their extended families. Great family, great channel," says Gibson. "The family's grown since then and they are still a pleasure to watch. Definitely check them out."
Shortly after Gibson's Shaytards discovery, Paranormal Activity was released on DVD. "I was impressed with what Oren Peli had accomplished with Paranormal Activity," says Gibson, "all on a budget of $15,000, I believe. Many of these found footage movies seem to me to have unsympathetic characters, with a lot of dead space in between the major plot points, but Peli's was the opposite. Katie and Micah were eminently likable, and it was enjoyable watching their interplay as the terror unfolded."
"Remember, this was late 2009, and the economy was still in tatters from the meltdown in the fall of 2008," says Gibson, "and the situation was the same for the fictional characters, Curtis, Dave, and Beja living in my head. Like a lot of young Americans they were unemployed and unable to find work, so they decided to emulate the Shaytards and make their own. They started a Youtube channel and called their fictional world within a fictional world, 'The Kingdom of Cobbville.' Their plan was to make money from ads and selling merchandise, like T-shirts and hats. Of course, soon things started to go terribly wrong."
"It was the combination of these two shows, the Shaytards and Paranormal Activity, and the terrible economy, which laid the structural foundations of CURTIS & DAVE ARE DEAD," says Gibson, "the Shaytards, with the genuinely nice family who interact with their fans, speak directly into the camera and break the fourth wall. Paranormal Activity, a found footage movie that isn't just a series of terror plot points separated by vast plains of nothingness. And the economy and lack of employment, which led to the creation of Curtis, Dave, and Beja's Youtube channel, which naturally explains why there are multiple cameras present to record the sometimes funny and ultimately tragic events that follow. Now I just had to write the damned screenplay."
- See more at: http://curtisanddavearedead.com/html/presskit.html#sthash.NSab0nsq.dpuf
CBrickner

Here is UJ doing what he loves to do. 

No comments: