"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Questions and Answers from the Anniversary Couple: Updated in bold :)

While sitting in the passenger seat I thought I would have a question and answer session with my husband of 25 years.  We are on a day trip to celebrate the Big Day~you know~our Silver Anniversary.  

The questions are what pops in my head at the moment~poor Bill.

1.  What advice can you give to a young couple on how to have a happy marriage.
Bill-You can either be right, or you can be happy.  My short response~haha.

Jen-Decide each day is the best day and make it special.  Bill's response(stinker) refer to his comment...what a goober.

2.  What made you decide to get married so quickly?
Bill-I met the woman I loved.

Jen- I met the man  I loved.  Yep, I copied his, but its true.

3.  Do you remember how you felt before you saw each other in the chapel?  Describe your feelings.
Bill-I was sure.  In the chapel I was absolutely sure, wasn't worried, wasn't nervous, I knew what I was doing.

Jen- Well to be honest, I had a moment of holy smokes, what am I doing?  I felt tears begin to swell in my eyes.  Then Bill took my hand and my worries left.

4. To Bill-who was the best man?  My little brother Alex.  He is still commenting so I need to add...he said he could have had a St. Bernard for all he cared as all he was worried about was the bride.  He is such a sweetie.

5.  To Jen- who was the matron of honor?  My sweet sister Liz.  She was pregnant with her second child and the temps in the desert were over 110 F.

Side note-Liz's husband gave me away.  I still am thankful that he was so respectful and serious for me that moment.  I have tears in my eyes as I would have loved that Dad could have walked me down the aisle.  Thank you Craig~you were a wonderful stand in.

6.  Describe why you are still in love with the other.
Bill-How could I not be?  You got the complete package...brains, beauty.

Jen-I will try to not write the volume that is rolling around my head...Bill is my everything.  He is ever so handsome, kind, generous, sweet, wise, and boy oh boy does he make me laugh.

7.  What is the most annoying thing about the other?
Bill-When I hijack his bathroom towel and I do not replace it...Jen's response~Boy I am guilty on this one.  Most likely won't ever change. Bill decided to add to this answer.   He says that I am a pestilent front seat passenger.  Sigh.  I am a terrible passenger.  No breaks on my side, no steering wheel on my side and doggonit...the mountain cliffs, edges, and drops are so horrible to look from in the passenger seat!  

Jen-Even when I look horrible, just woke up, and can't even focus...He tells me how beautiful I am.  I always want to see me through his eyes.  I wonder-does he not understand what beauty is? I thought I better update my answer too...so Bill won't be the only cool person to update and answer~Let's see, the most annoying thing about Bill is that he doesn't get annoyed. Yep.  I am laughing as I type this as it's true.  He sighs a bit but seems to have taken the antivenom for me. 

8.  What is your silliest memory with the other?
Bill-I don't know...darn.  Seems like there are so many.  Final answer-too darn many.

Jen-When we traveled through Petrified* National Forest with First when he was a baby.  I still think about that trip and crack up.

9.  If you could change anything about the other what would it be?
Bill-No a darn thing, because then you would not be you.

Jen- I would only have Bill not have the pain from the accident.  I wish he would have a reprieve from that.

10.  Fourth came up with this question- If you could go back in time, would you do anything differently?
Bill-Nope.

Jen-I wouldn't.  Each moment has brought us to today.  Even though I wish that Bill was pain free...I know that the accident was a defining moment for us, for the family, and for our future.  We are who we are because over the years, with the ups and downs, we rolled up our sleeves and worked to maintain us, and worked to maintain us in a loving way.

*oops I had Petroglyph-I was still laughing at how silly we were and accidentally put incorrect name.

2 comments:

kymber said...

holy moly - can you please have some respect for your commenters and not ask them to cut onions while reading your post?!?!?!?!?

i can't even type i am crying so hard! i have seen pics of both of you - you, Jen with that beautiful blonde hair and beautiful face - ugh. i can only imagine how he must have felt when he met you. he probably, within minutes of meeting you, thought "MINE". and then he is such a strapping, dark-haired, good-looking dude that we read of in romantic novels, i bet within minutes of meeting him, you thought "MINE".

i guess i am on to something here seeing as you guys got married 3 minutes after meeting - bahahahahahah!

i love your story. i love that it was true love. i love that you still hold hands. i love that all of your gorgeous kids have "growed up" and now, you can really be together. git yerselfs some passports. come up here for a visit. do it next august on your anniversary. i promise it will be the vacation of a lifetime.

i am sooo very proud of both of you. sooo very proud!

your friend,
kymber/xoxoxo

Humble wife said...

Awww ((((kYMBER))) I love your comments. You are ever so kind and sweet and make me smile! Oh to travel to Canada and to see you and your cutie would be so wonderful...swimming, fishing, and bonfires with friends! You must know by now that everything with Bill is the ...of a lifetime as he is my cutie petootie.

xooxooooxxx to You and your Jam.