"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, August 11, 2013

If I could

live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?   

My friend from the north asked several questions that, in truth, she meant for one to respond to in a single post.  I am a person that is a bit here, there, and everywhere, so I am answering them~but one post at a time.   Here is my first reply to whether I am a dog or cat person.

Back to the question~and my response.   First off, to anyone that knows me...where do you think I would live?   I mean I do think I am pretty in your face obvious on where I would live, or at least I think I am!


Okay.   I will say a few things before I get to the nitty gritty of my response.   Bill and I have lived in many places.   I will not toss out the number~but holy smokes it is a large number.   Bill and I became pretty proficient at packing and moving as well as picking out what was important and what the military movers could take. 

We have lived in six states and 2 countries.
In all the years of our marriage, we have also traveled.  We used to camp a good deal and this afforded for low cost traveling all the while ensuring we saw many a wonder of our world. 

With all of that~I have also shared the view from my front porch:

Believe it or not...they are all from the front of my home.  The view
changes with the sunrise, sunset or weather.  Clouds are so brilliant 
and vibrant that I am at times speechless. 


With my view that I already have, could I even think about another place to live if options were endless?

My answer?  Yes.  You see, even before I read the Bible, I was a Ruth to Bill...and whither thou goest. 

I could live anywhere with Bill.  Any place we are together can be amazing.  Every place we have lived has been a place that I look back upon with fond memories.  Some require more of a pollyanna (#10 on the link) perspective than others, but all the places we have lived in these past 25 years have been better...all because I was with Bill.

So my choice of anywhere in the world...is conditional.  Only anywhere as long as my Bill is with me!


6 comments:

kymber said...

what an excellent answer! when i was thinking of the questions, i thought about how i would answer the questions. and you answered this question just like i would. i always told jam that i would live in a cardboard box in a dirty alley...as long as it was with him. i love that you are breaking up the questions! lots of love to you, your hunk of a husband and all of your cutie-patooties!

your friend,
kymber

Humble wife said...

Kymber...awww love is a many spendored thing!!!! May you and Jam never have to lack eachother!!!

lisa pfab said...

I just found your blog thanks to Kymbers blog, and what a treasure it is! I am taking my time and reading thru it from early on. It is refreshing to have a Christian perspective, and to read of Christ centered lives. I cannot wait to enjoy the rest of the blog!

Humble wife said...

Lisa-welcome and thank you for your kind visit!

justdifferent said...

Ahhh see that's the interesting part of this for me. Yes, I know you well enough to know that your answer to said question would either be In heaven.... or anywhere Bill is... but as to my immediate reaction to your statement about being pretty in your face about it, I had a different reaction. I DONT know the place you would choose to live if all things were equal as my "dear old daddy" would have said. As in the place.. The answer in heaven.. is the answer of the spirit and the ultimate goal. With Bill is the answer of the state of mind. But because you HAVE a different state of mind than a great many people, there ISNT necessarily a physical location tied to that answer as there is for some.

Humble wife said...

LOL JD...the great equalizer is not money for Bill and I...it is each other. We have and may once again move and it will be with the other and not the locale. Funny how every place is better because of Bill. As to my state of mind~oh my friend~you have had a window to it haven't you? ScArY INdeed!! :)