"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Bold

is not a term I would usually use to describe myself.  I am more of the behind the scenes person.  I really am not one that tries to draw attention to myself.  In the blog world I am who I am in real life.  I take no measure to fine tune or create a character for me.

I am this basic.   Perhaps I am boring as my life is not a leading role but one of a supporting role.  I partner with my husband to maintain a successful marriage.   It is not easy and my job is to work on maintaining the homefront so our marriage can run smoothly.  I work to keep our home clean and neat.   I am the greeting committee upon arrival and the sending off committee upon departure.  I listen about the ways of the workplace, share my thoughts and opinions and then truly let those from the home know that here...in our home~they are important in a world filled with billions.  No matter what the work day brings, here at home, life is about simplicity, love, family, and our Lord.

I am the cook.  This title is an overstatement as at times the cook settles on an easy menu that requires little effort.  The food is not the star of the meal...the family is.   Conversation, laughter, and even comfortable silence among those that accept you exactly as you are reign in our home.

I am a person that has not earned any retirement in a financial sense.  I have worked for 25 years behind the scenes and in the terms of the world I am of little value or worth.  Please do not misunderstand my point here.  I am not seeking monetary rewards for being the wife and mom I have been.  I am thankful that I can do this in spite of the times we live in.  I am appreciative of the husband I have that he and I are united on our roles and supportive in every measure.

I am not quiet amongst my family.   I am quiet elsewhere.   I am not one to attend parties and affairs, but love to have family and friends over to the home.  I am most comfortable in my office which is in the heart of my home-the kitchen.   I type this post on my reclaimed kitchen table!

Many would consider me a bit of a reclusive or shy.   Perhaps this would have been a reality before the Internet.  Here I am bold.

In fact, I hope to be most bold in my faith.  I am one that is covered by the Blood of the Lamb.   I am one that can take my homemaker role to a level that surpasses anything before as I have potentially the world to share my faith.  I can freely give Bibles away to anyone that simply asks for it.   Many times the request is made in spite of my postings as the request is from simply clicking on the sidebar offer.

I can be bold as I am.  You see that is what being a Christian is all about.  Although I would never suggest I am even remotely like Moses, I can appreciate that in spite of his concerns about speaking, his voice was heard~through Aaron.   The blog is my Aaron.  Here I can share Him through my ever so humble life and I can offer His Holy Word.  I believe that  each one of us not only has purpose and worth (as we are made in the image of the Creator), but that we have a manual to follow on how to live.   I can be bold when I talk about my role as wife as He does in His word.  I can talk about how it is NOT suppressive or demeaning to fulfill my design as a woman.  I can share how His Word IS NOT racist and how my family that now is considered White Hispanic (thanks NY Times)...is only seen as this in a world that requires division to create chaos.  In times like these the racial divide is broadcast from our White House to our Main Stream Media.   I am bold when I speak about the womb as it should be a place that provides the passageway to a family.  Instead has become the most dangerous place in America for a black person and has made America a contender for a brutal  exterminating  machine claiming over 50 million of her most precious of citizens.

I am bold when I stand for marriage as God defines it.  If our nation would remove themselves 100% from the first institution of God and require all citizens to have civil unions I would be most content.  If one wishes to grant their money or inheritance to another I will not stand in their way.  Give unto Caesar is a good reminder to me.  I do value giving an inheritance to my children.  I give them my stand in Him and His Truth.  With that they can find eternal peace.   Oh and marriage is like the rainbow.   God owns them and no matter who tries to hijack their meaning it will not change the truth.

I am bold in spite of the world.

Me...wife of  25 years.  Homeschool parent teacher of 19 years.  Mom of 24, 21,20 year old sons and nearly 18 year old daughter.  Me-the person who allowed the gray to finally consume the blond. Me the person that needs a step stool for pretty much everything...is bold when standing firm in Him.

And so can you!

Please leave me a comment here if you would like a Bible sent to you.


4 comments:

kymber said...

what an amazing post! i have so much to say...but i am afraid that i would drown you in words. so i will just leave it at wow.

you really are covered in the Blood of the Lamb. what a beautiful thing. i am honoured to know you.

your friend,
kymber

Humble wife said...

Aww Kymber-it is I who is honored to know you!

Pumice said...

I really found this post soul building. That part about the blog being your Aaron was one of the "Ah, Hah!" moments.

Grace and peace.

Humble wife said...

Pumice- Thank you for your kind words. I had that Aaron moment and am glad it was one for you too!

May we keep our focus on Him in all that we do.