"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Holy Smokes x 2

can you believe I have a 24 year old and a 21 year old?  Second turned 21 the other day and we celebrated with dinner and cake.
dinner menu
Lasagne
steamed broccoli
salad
deviled eggs
chocolate cake
The gift~homemade granny square quilt
 
The party crowd...and a tipped photo?!
 
The cake with first responder micro car decorations! 

The after dinner trip~to take the birthday meal to Third because he was at work.
Third hugging Fourth because she had the dinner delivery in hand!

Happy Birthday Second!

You are a wonderful son that makes Dad and I proud. 
Although you were second born you have many firsts under your belt: You were my first baby born overseas.  You were my first and only baby to be born term.  You were my first child to crawl so early~5 months.  You were my first baby to walk so early~8 months.  You were my first goof to memorize the presidents in order~age 7.  You are my first goof to plan out his life and then act upon the well planned goals.  You are my first baby to make me the mother of two :) and my absolute favorite Second in the world.  Dad and I love you ever so much!


No comments: