"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ten Things

that may not be common in your home...that are common in my home.  Whenever someone says diversity, I worry.   I get the impression that in these times when diversity is said it means anything besides white and any religion besides Christianity.  I am against the forced diversity that the Left pushes upon us.  I am for diversity like this post shares.

With that...here are ten photos taken a few minutes ago that may reveal how similar or different you may be to those of us on the farm!


These items are used every day and the ketchup is used once in a while.
l-r
Tapatio, Valentina, Salsa

Corn and flour tortillas. 
 We use far more tortillas than bread~
and we warm them on a comal (look under the jars in the first photo).

We defrost roasted chiles weekly 

We buy our New Mexico chile powder in bags like this
With the abundance of chiles, some are pickled.
 This jar has jalapeno's, Serranos,  habeneros, and Anaheim chile's 
with some garlic.

This is a common pasta in our home.  We eat fideo often.

These three items are used in many of the foods we eat daily.

 
Jicama
Peel it, slice it and top with the items in the previous photo! Yum!

The top item is a pepper and we do not eat as many peppers
as we eat chiles.  The bottom items are serranos.


Though our nation is made up of many diverse peoples
we are unified because we are Americans.

In case you were counting I only have nine photos so far.
Number ten is something I received several years ago for Mother's Day 
from Fourth.
I confess the soda ring made me smile when she gave it
to me.  This heart button gift my inspiration when I made my centerpiece for
the table~see here.

Post # 4 of Tuesday Ten

No comments: