"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, April 7, 2013

I Met This Guy

well I met this man awhile ago. It was a pretty strange meeting, but we were in a different country, so I wasn't too shocked about the meeting. 

 A person that had come to know a good deal about me introduced me to this fellow. One of the main things I distinctly remember about the meeting was thinking that he had reddish hair and was wearing all red. I mean who does that? 

 I couldn't hold in my surprise and smiled and laughed out loud upon seeing him. Our common friend was German. She was most certainly one of the kindest people I have met. 


Both myself and the guy cried a good deal in our meeting, and she did nothing to comfort us. In fact, she seemed to enjoy our tears. Our German friend took time away from her schedule to introduce this guy to Bill too. I can't say for sure if he cried when he met this fellow, but I can say this with absolute certainty, inside, he was humbled. 


 You see, 20 years ago, this guy we were introduced to by my Doctor...was our precious third son. Oh what an incredible day that was, and fast forward 20 years, I can honestly say that I shed some tears today. 
 All because.  
You see being this man's mother has been a great privilege that I take very seriously.


We had a simple gathering to reminisce about times of old and how our third son has left his teens behind him!


Third had cupcakes
and a family BBQ made by Bill and I.

I am thankful that our goofs are never too old to have us sing to them.


Now I am off to ponder a shocking bit of trivia...all of my sons are in their 20's, yep I am getting old!!

3 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

He is a handsome guy. You think you are old? MY children are 45,43, 38. You will be where I am all too soon. I do remember the day the last one left her teens.

That was cute about the guy with red hair and dressed in red. I like the cupcakes with the greeting. good idea.

justdifferent said...

No THEY are getting old.. not you my friend..

Mrs.Rabe said...

Happy Birthday to third!

They grow up so quickly!

Deanna