"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Day Trip

We went to El Paso, Texas yesterday and I thought I would share a bit of the city. The photos are a random compiling and of course by me...El Paso is the safest large city for the third year now.  We go to El Paso every month for Bill's appointments as well as seeing First, as he is stationed at Fort Bliss.  El Paso is just a hop, skip and jump from the farm.
 Although on Elm Street it was not a nightmare.


 Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?


I love the name Hondo Pass.  Makes me think of John Wayne in the movie Hondo.

 Our truck's shadow. I wonder if the truck revs to the tune of me and my shadow?

 El Paso is lovely at dusk.
My handsome driver on my day trip.

 We dined with this cutie~Mexican food, of course.


A view of an older neighborhood in El Paso.

 I snapped this photo and realized we were in our very own parade
on the official parade route!

I don't miss television at all.  Commercial after commercial littered between a 
talk show or something with Katie Couric.  I am ever so glad I could not hear
it.   I snapped this photo while waiting with Bill at an appointment.

 I love this street.  The rock walls keep climbing at the end. 

I was trying to get a photo of the X in the center. It is a large X of some
building.  While trying to capture that I realized I snapped a photo of the 
billboard.  Legalize Marinara?!?  It is a sign for the restaurant Carino's. 

El Paso sidewalks are not for the faint of heart.  I saw this and 
wonder how many folks have tripped on this?  Does the arrow point to
the hospital?

And that concludes a peek into our Wacky Wednesday in El Paso, Texas.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

I've never been to Texas, but I have family there and my husband lived there when he was little. Thanks for the glimpse of somewhere new.

Humble wife said...

Oh Gayle- I need t take better photos as the photos do not do any justice....of course the moving truck doesnt help!! lol