"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hangin' Around

 We went to El Paso yesterday and stopped at Costco.  I found a set of kitchen towels that were low cost and perfect for a project I had in mind.  I bought them and began.  


I remember my mom had several  towels in the kitchen that buttoned over the drawer handles.  As we are slowly working on the kitchen, I realized I have drawers in the kitchen that this style towel can hook onto.   I began thinking of how to make these since I do not understand patterns etc for crocheting, and came up with two different but workable towels.
Here is one of them.  This was my second attempt and I 
actually like this one best.  

This is the first one I made.  I tried to make it like I 
remember from years ago.  By the second towel
I realized I would lift the concept of the towel, but make
it my own, because of my lack of skill.


If you ever visit the farm, I am certain you will see some of these
style towels hangin' around, now that I have figured out how to 
make them.

No comments: