"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, February 1, 2013

A Peek into My Day

Here is a peek into what I did on Wednesday.  The photos are a bit out of order but that matches how I think, so all is well!
I had to pass the Big Giant Onion on my travels.  Yep...that is what I call
it, although~it is upside down. 
(oh and perhaps all the years of eating onions has left onions on my brain!)

After taking care of my errands, I went to my favorite store in town.
It is an antique shop.  I found several things that will be perfect here
on the farm.  I found this cute chicken cookie cutter.  I think I will be
making sugar cookies this weekend.

I also found some unfinished quilts.  This top was $8.00.
It is the size of a full size bed. 

This one was $5.00.  It is also the size of a full size bed.

Cute kitchen towel, only to be used on Thursday!


Oh and when I came home, I fed the critters.  The blur of 
birds racing alongside me...rushing for feed or because
I am something of a barnyard famous person~you decide!


Yes, Athena is helping.  Actually she eats the hay.  I know
how crazy is that?
While with the animals I decided to pick up some eggs.
 The Double Nickel store continues to provide. 
Millie is hovering below as she LOVES eggs!

I saw the tanks today in my travels.  I am not sure what they are really 
called, but that is what I call them.  Sometimes when I pass them
I think I would like to climb the ladder on the sides and see the views
from on top.

Sierra Blanca is snow covered.  I can see Sierra Blanca
pretty much every day from anywhere I travel.  I do love
the views in New Mexico.

I found some old New Mexico magazines.  I have been
working on a project here on the farm that I need NM
magazines for.  I hope to have a reveal someday.

I love using different centerpieces for the table.  Here is another
one I found today.


But my favorite find of the day was:


The Man Without a Country by Edward Everett Hale.  

I will share more about this book in a future post.  This book 
was used by the local high school and the introduction as well as the 
book is so different than what we teach our children today.

Let me say this~ long ago we left God on the curb in America.
We weren't a perfect nation but we had men and women
that believed that there was more and that we had a Creator
that we were accountable to.  Now...we have Choice.  Now we 
have government instead of God.  As a result, the slope we are on
is slippery and to recover seems almost improbable for even me
an eternal optimist.  

My day closes with this thought:  I do have Hope, it is in Jesus Christ
the Messiah.  I do have optimism-in an eternal home.  I do have peace~
knowing my birth, my life, my role was defined and designed by God in 
His image and it is precious, as is EVERY person that begins in the womb.
I have love and I cleave to my spouse as God shares that
I should.  

I pray that America is not beyond recovery.

3 comments:

Mrs.Rabe said...

Sounds like a lovely day to me.

Those quilt tops you found are great - I love how colorful they are!

Oh,and my other favorite is the chicken cookie cutter. Cute!

The Double Nickel is a great farm, Jen.

I agree with you about our nation, your hope in Christ alone, and am also hoping for revival in our churches so that there may be a real change in our nation.

Deanna

Susan said...

Love each of your "finds"!

Humble wife said...

Deanna-yes our Hope is in HIm isnt it with what is going on? Thank you for your kind words.

Susan-thank you so much!