"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Wedding Double Nickel Farm Style

Remember this post, where I shared that K loves Bill and I and calls us Papa and Gramma?  Well on Thursday K's momma told us she would like to get married on Saturday.  She and her husband  were engaged before Thanksgiving and planned to marry in February.  But the groom was hired for a job in Oklahoma that begins on Monday...so they wanted to marry before he left.  Bill and I quickly put together a wedding/reception for this family.  Since we are in the southwest-this wedding was boots, jeans, cowboy hats, and even a saddle.  Bill performed the wedding, Second gave the bride away,  Third took care of the children with his friend, and Fourth took the official photos.  I also took many photos...please join us on the farm on this wonderful day!
Don't look brother~ they're kissin'

Love the laughter

Oh happy Day!!

First dance as a married couple...I confess Bill and I danced off to the side
it took me back.  This farm wife shed a good deal of happy tears today!

Fourth did an amazing job setting up the photos.

Cowboy Kiss

Sharing the wedding cake!

Setting up for the wedding.  I made almost everything.

Second giving the bride away.

The sweet couple

Beginning the ceremony.  They were married in a lovely outdoor
wedding.  It was a bit windy and chilly~but very nice.

Why yes, that is a saddle in the dining room!

You may kiss the bride!

K was so adorable~she ran up and said "thumbs up momma!"

The announcement

The bride's bouquet, K's bouquet, and the groom's boutineer.


The wedding party
l-r Fourth, Third, baby A, Third's friend, K, Second

Saying their vows
could be a touch chilly!!

The dining room looking into the woodstove room, where a second table
was set up.

And I will close with my Fourth, she was amazing.  

Praying for this young family as they are beginning a new life together.


9 comments:

Glenn B said...

Very nice. I bet you cried an awful lot of happy tears you big mush you!

All the best,
GB

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is so sweet and precious!

Susan said...

How lovely, fun & exciting. Where in Oklahoma is he coming?

ProudHillbilly said...

Awwwwwwww...

Nell said...

How beautiful, nothing beats a home made wedding. It must have brought you so much Joy. The photo's are so lovley.
Wishing the happy couple a life filled with love and laughter.
Popping by from Australia
Blessings to you for sharing
Nell.

Humble wife said...

Glenn-thanks...and yep mushy tears even as I look over the photos.

Michelle-I so agree!!

Susan-Hennessey? I think that is the spelling.

PH-my thoughts EXACTLY!

Nell-thanks for popping by...home made was perfect and yes it did bring me so much joy! Thank you for your kind wishes!

Gayle said...

I love the whole thing especially the southwest flair. So nice of you to give them a special day to remember.

Humble wife said...

Gayle-I love the southwest wedding feel too. Many weddings are like this out here!

Mrs.Rabe said...

How wonderful!

I love how personal and simple this wedding is...it's all about becoming a family and the marriage!

Great job Double Nickel fam!

Deanna