"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Silver?!

I have been busy for the past few weeks beginning to seriously plan my 25th wedding anniversary.  I am a pretty sentimental goof and didn't realize how much I am looking forward to sharing this milestone with Bill.    As I plan I thought I would share a few things:

* The farm has been home the longest for us.  Thanks to an early military career during the Clinton draw down years we moved a good deal.  

* Bill and I still hold hands anywhere we go...I think it is to make sure the other won't run away~ :)

*At the time of our anniversary, all of our sons will be either the age Bill was or older than he was when we married.

* We didn't have a set honeymoon plan but ended up driving around southern California. 

* No alcohol was served at our reception...we will continue this for our 25th.

* Before my mom met Bill, I bought a pair of Levi's for him...so I could show her how tall he was.  Bill's Levi's from resting with the hem on the floor come just above my shoulder blade. 

* The first time I met Bill's mom, I was changing into my dress in the church.  She was so lovely telling me sweet, kind, special things...I will never forget how wonderful she made me feel.

* There wasn't any dancing at our reception either.  To be honest, the people in the area reminded me of the Kevin Bacon film Footloose...but~there will be dancing for our 25th.  Most certainly...as tall and short dance well together!

* We have lived in 6 states and 2 countries. 

*Every single member of the family was born in a different place. 

* In 1993 our rings were stolen...  At first, we thought about replacing them.  But we decided pretty soon afterwards that the ring is not what binds us together, and haven't seriously considered replacing them since.

* The guest list isn't completed yet, but four amazing people that missed seeing our vows will be on the top of the list...

4 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

Congratulations, have a fun time.

Gayle said...

Take lots of photos of your party!! Congratulations... you have such a special love that is heart-warming to share.

Susan said...

It will be wonderful!!!

Humble wife said...

Tombstone...thankyou. I am taking my time planning!

Gayle-I am going to have Fourth take photos...and thank you!!

Susan-thank you!! :)