"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday Snapshots

My mountain looks like this today.  It is a sunny but brisk day of 27 F.

 
This is what is on my table. 

7 comments:

Susan said...

My mother made myself and each of my 4 children afghans like that, of various colors. They are treasures to us!!!!

Pam Rios said...

and what a mountain you have!!! gorgeous! It's brisk here too, almost 70 degrees! lol

Seems you've had busy hands! (your squares)

The Little Acre that Could said...

Beautiful mountain view.

Are you making an afghan?

Happy New Year!

Humble wife said...

Susan-I treasure making them for the kids! How special for you and your siblings.

Pam-LOL usually we are those temps...but had a cold spell. As to the squares-yeppers!

Little Acre-I am making a lap quilt! Happy New Year to you and yours too!!!

Gayle said...

Is the lap quilt for at the farm or a gift? It is very pretty. You do very nice work.

justdifferent said...

Cant wait to see the finished product.

Humble wife said...

Gayle-this is for one of my kiddos. My goal is to start the fourth one over the weekend. Thank you about my crocheting, but I am self taught and wonder if it is like real crocheting~~ haha.

JD...cant wait to share. It is almost finished!!