"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Project 3...1/8 of the way finished!

Here is project 3.
I wanted a set of towels I could use when I make bread  not be used for anything else.  Since I have remnant fabric and some time I began this project.  My goal is to make a total of 8 bread towels.  

Seems like in even everyday things we can surround ourselves with what we are seeking...
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.  Matthew 6:33
 
By selecting verses about bread in the Bible I wanted to share from John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

So if you or anyone you know would like your daily bread (Jesus Christ the Messiah), we would love to send you a Bible free of charge.   Leave a message in the comments with your information for mailing or click here.  Your information will not be published.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, you inspire me to try one of these lovely bread clothes. And I have a Bible, but you remind me to use it more! Thanks.

Gayle said...

I feels so dumb.... what is a bread towel? How do you use it? I love your work, by the way.

Susan said...

Great idea.

Humble wife said...

Anonymous...Yep, use the Bible it is full of Truth.

Gayle- I call them bread towels. I am certain that is not the name, but I use bread towels to cover the pans when the dough is rising. Promise it is not a term just a jen in the desert term...so no worries! thanks about my stitches. To me it is like my second grade handwriting, but I comfort myself thinking at least it is not my first grade handwriting!!

Susan-thank you!!