"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Project 1

Group of crocheted items
Let's see~the top three on the left were technically finished last year, but I did not record them.

The rest are items made from remnant yarn.  The crocheted cloth on the right side middle is of several small pieces of yarn that I tied together until I had enough yarn to make it.  All of the items will be used on the farm.  Some to go under hot dishes at the table, others as washcloths or dishscrubbies. 

As I love the Bible and often name critters Biblical names, I think I will apply a Biblical name to my multi-colored washcloth.  From this day forth it will be known as the washcloth of many colors.

Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colours. Genesis 37:3

4 comments:

Gayle said...

That's a nice story about Bill's blanket. I attempted crocheting a couple years back and plan to do so again. I'm a knitter and while I find that easy it is so slow. I'd love to whip out blankets for gifts.

justdifferent said...

Great Job!!!!!

Mrs.Rabe said...

Great way to use up yarn!

It is very satisfying to be able to make things for use in your home.

Deanna

Humble wife said...

Gayle- I do not think I would be able to grasp knitting. For me crocheting is pretty fast...but I do not know 100 percent if I am doing it right. I just do it my way!! lol As to Bill's blanket...made in 1996-still here! I actually made a queen size crochet blanket for our bed in 2002~

JD- thank you my friend.

Deanna-thank you. I do love making making things for my home