"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Five

Well hotdog! It's Friday Five again!
Bill and I went to El Paso for an appointment for him and we met up with
this cutie after.  My Bill is assisting with my editing time, can you see how?

News on First-he was set to deploy to Afghanistan in January and if his unit was going he was
going to stay in the Army.  His group is not going so guess what???
He is getting out of the army!  Updates will follow...by the way
even though he is all grown up I still call him my bubboo. 
Yep, I am and will always be a mom.

We stopped here yesterday.   I have decided that this is the meeting place
for friends of ours.  We have not planned our trips and have gone 
on different days of the week, yet we seem to always meet them at Costco!
Do you realize that they do not live in El Paso, we do not live in 
El Paso, and we do not live near each other!
Amazing isn't it?  Oh and I never publish before we go somewhere~

For those that find angst with Costco and the bulk products
I can't help you.  Costco makes living on a budget possible for
my family.  The prices are amazing, the produce is from down they way,
and the Kirkland toilet paper is not only septic tank friendly, but 

I made some organic facial powder.  Wow.  So far I am totally
impressed.  I will share soon how to make this...as everyone 
that wants this should make it themselves to ensure proper
color.  It really costs pennies to make-including the tin and label. 
With the tin and label I think that I spent 90 cents!

The other day Bill brought this home to me (okay to Fourth too).
 I LOVE Claussen Pickles.  Try them today if you haven't tried them.
In the local groceries they are in the refrigerated section near the cheeses 
or lunch meats. 
 
My final photo for Friday Five is one that we all should do.  Take a moment and 
see what is about and be grateful.  Even in a simple sunset, if you open your
eyes beauty abounds.   Of course, people may wonder why you are off the road and snapping a 
photo, or even parked and taking in all the majestic views, but...if not now, when?

Nothing is so important, so necessary, so critical all the time that you
cannot allow yourself time to see the handiwork of the Creator.

Have a lovely weekend and don't forget that amongst our Ten Commandments
is:  Remember the Sabbath Day, to keep it holy.  Six days thou shalt labor and do 
all thy work, but the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou
shalt not do any work,  thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant,
nor thy cattle, nor the stranger that is within thy gates.  For in six days the LORD made the heaven and the earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it.  Exodus 20:8-11.


2 comments:

Mrs.Rabe said...

I like your Friday Five posts. Full of fun, information and mystery....;)

I like the day of rest too....

Deanna

Humble wife said...

Thank you Deanna :)!!