"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Father of the Year Contest

Guess what  former President Bill Clinton was honored with: Father of the Year title!  This is not an award I would have ever guessed would be something he would be honored with.   I can understand if Chelsea thinks this of her dad.  In a perfect world we would all give that title to our own fathers but I have to wonder if there isn't someone else more qualified in this position?

So I am having a Father of the Year Contest here on the blog...The winner will be announced on March 1, 2013. Contest entries will be accepted until 11:59 on February 28, 2013.



Here are the rules...leave a comment with your choice and why your father or someone you know that is a father is your choice for Father of the Year.

You can also leave a link to your blog with your choice and a post you write about them.

I will try and share your posts and I may grab the photos of your dads and post here for others to see.
In addition I may copy and paste stories to share so others can get to see  your choice for Father of the Year.

Keep in mind, this will be a hard task to select a winner...I believe that the role a man takes as a Father is ever so important.

One entry per person.


Oh and feel free to share this post about the world wide web...I am certain that many people can name someone that deserves this honor and here on the farm I would like to take the time and share these Fathers.

*let me know if you link this post...whether on Face*book, the blogity world, or elsewhere.

Oh and the prize?  Let's see...an all expense paid vacation to a warm tropical beach?  No-already done too much.  Hmm...2 tickets to the Superbowl?  No-I mean why...the winners of the Superbowl want to go to Disneyland!  So what should the prize be?  I think it should be something amazing ...if I could I would spare no expense... But we are humble on the farm...so instead how about a gift card to Amazon?  Yes,that way the winner can choose anything he wants. The winner of the Double Nickel Farm Father of the Year contest will win a 50.00 gift card to Amazon.com!


Oh and for the record...I mean no ill towards the Superbowl or Disneyland.  If you have been a regular reader on the farm, you understand our humble life!
photo credit

No comments: