"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 Tally Page

This is a post to compile the projects I complete in 2013.  It is kind of a personal tally sheet to remind me of what I have done over the year.  It will not be complete if 2012 is my model, but I will try and be more diligent in my record keeping.
  1. Project 1 . Making items using leftover yarn.
  2. Project 2 Crocheted lap quilt. 
  3. Project 3 Bread towel. 
  4. Project 4 Organized Simple Wedding.
  5. Project 5 Button Bouquet 
  6. Project 6 Hangin' Around
  7. Project 7 On the table(centers to granny square quilt)
  8. Project 8 T-shirt Rug (soon to be in blog post)
  9. well what a surprise.  I am not recording my projects either.  I need to get on the ball.  Jen of the future you really will wish you were more detail oriented.  No excuse except...have you seen my cutie pie husband?  He takes my day and transforms it and I run out of time to remember to add new completed projects.
  10. Crocheted Lap quilt
  11. Ten crocheted dish scrubbies
  12. Dried mint
  13. Dried cilantro
  14. Dried amaranth
  15. owl toy for the county fair
  16. light replaced in room that formerly housed Second my ever so handsome FEO 
  17. electrical wiring and switch replaced in above room
  18. OH I cannot believe I have not posted this!!! We have green grass!  A real yard in the heart of the desert...and it is so wonderful for this former midwest gal!
  19. Ouch.  I am terrible at recording this.  Let's see we gained a room as Second moved to an apartment with First.  We redid the room.  Baseboards, rewired old wiring, window trim, paint etc.  All but the paint and wiring was salvage and the paint I used cantaloupe ~yep it is bold and wonderful.
  20. We added two small gardens on the west side of the property.
  21. I made new curtains from quilt tops I bought at an antique store for $5! They look amazing.
  22. I have been saving seeds from this years garden.  Wow...even though I thought we did not make a big garden it is still pretty big!
  23. I have frozen 16 cups of squash and dried the same amount.  I make it a medley of zucchini, crookneck, and pattypan.
  24. I have frozen and dried 10 cups each of kale as well. 
  25. I have frozen five cups of sweet bell peppers.
  26. I have dried oodles of rosemary, lemon~lime~and sweet basil, lavender, marigold, peppermint, spearmint, and yarrow.
  27. I will be pickling about 5 pints of hot peppers.
  28. I have two half gallons of pickles~like my Mamaw make fermenting.
  29. I have made two tee shirt rugs
  30. I have made a braided rug
  31. Canned 5 quarts of veg soup
  32. Canned 5 pints of veg stock
  33. Canned well many pints/quarts of beans.
  34. Have enough in freezer to make 18 quarts of vegetable juice.
  35. Have enough in freezer to make 5 quarts of chicken stock-waiting for cooler days as it is hot to use the pressure canner.
  36. added a play area to my laundry room...I need to update with photos~I know!
  37.  Wow- lots to update.   Four 1/2pints of strawberry jam
  38. 2 1/2 pints blueberry jam
  39. Four pints strawberry syrup
  40. Four pints grapes in light syrup
  41. Four pints of strawberries in light syrup
  42. Canned tomato sauce with kale
  43. Canned v-8 (well v9 this time)
  44. Canned tomato juice
  45. Canned pickled radishes
  46. Canned pickled onions~oh my these are my absolute favorite!!  2 large batches
  47. Canned French onion soup
  48. Canned pickled zucchini
  49. Froze 40 lbs of green chili
  50. Froze 20 bags 2 cups each of squash medley
  51. Froze 10 2 cup bags of kale
  52. Frozen 10 2 cups bags of kale stems
  53. Froze 10 bags of scraps for stock
  54. Sewed two queen size pillowcases for my room
  55. Froze 10 2 cups bags of sweet bell peppers
  56.  

No comments: