"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Monday, December 31, 2012

The Year in Review

2012 was the Year of the Flower! 

 I did a mediocre job keeping a tally page on the sidebar...in the end it became a place to leave notes to myself!  I am pleased that I was able to document as much as I did though. 

I put up the qualifications I have to work the job I have held for the past 24 plus years...

I have shared my family with you- in pretty much every post.

I have shared my sons

I have shared my thumb~ it seems to be green!

I have shared some of the books I have read.

And have given this book to any and all that request it.

I have shared a life that is rewarding and priceless.

I have shared how to have a successful marriage,  by living it...as I am certain no reader can leave the farm without knowing my love I have for Bill. Oh and in case it isn't apparent, the love he has for me...

I have shared my views, my thoughts, my opinions.

I have stood upon my soapbox at the Double Nickel and told the world (well anyone that stopped by) how I feel.  I haven't held back.

I have shared my life...and in return many of you come back to visit, time and time again.  For that I am humbled.  At times I choke up at the email box...I thank you for your notes of encouragement.  For those that see fit to help in other ways, your actions are graciously received.  We have no words...

and then it came to me.  We do have something that will become our focus in 2013.  2013 will be the year of gratitude on the farm.  I pray that I can share more of my gratitude.  We live in times where we see and hear so many bad things, that we overlook mentioning the good.  I pray that I can really focus on that.

I am thankful for every single reader that stopped by and I wish to share how grateful I am to know others seemed interested in the journey we have been on.  Believe it or not, it has been easier to know that others are interested. 

I cannot close 2012 without doing two things...first and foremost- I wish to remind any and all that we give Bibles away.  We received a new shipment and have 48 new Bibles awaiting a reader.  Maybe you know someone that needs hope...maybe you can request a Bible that you can personally give to another.   Please consider sharing this post on your blog...In times of hardship it offers peace. In times of sickness, one finds the eternal Healer, in times of heaviness and crises...this Book contains the way, the truth and the light. If you would like a Bible-ask and we will send it on to you.

And secondly, I must share a photo of my goof troop...they are no longer wee ones, but they will always be my babies and I love them ever so much...in addition from left to right the furry critters are Millie, Samson, Val, and Thena.

Be sure to read the label as I am a label writing kind of blogger. 


May you have a safe Happy New Year
Bill & Jennifer
First, Second, Third, and Fourth

6 comments:

Felinae said...

Happy New Year to you and the family, Jen. May 2013 be filled with happiness, health and all things good for you all.

Love and Hugs
~Fel~

Donna said...

I have many Bibles in my house. I love reading through my one-year Bible each year. Have a blessed new year.

Mrs.Rabe said...

Jen,

I so enjoy your blog and reading about your life on the Double Nickel!

I like your focus 2013 - we do have so much to be thankful for - first and foremost the Lord!

Have a wonderful 2013!

Deanna

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed our visits, too!
Happy New Year! Frohes neues Jahr!

LizInNY

Paloma said...

Year of gratitude! I love that! .... and I also love your "Bible giving ministry" it's awesome! May God continue to bless you and your beautiful family! Happy New Year!

Humble wife said...

((Fel)) awww thank you. The same to you and yours!

Oh Donna-it is a blessing, isn't it, to have so many bibles to enjoy! May your year be blessed too!

Deanna-amen. Without Him we have nothing. Salvation awaits any and all-amazing isn't it?

((Liz)) why thank you my friend! May your new year be filled with the peace, love and joy of Him!

Oh Paloma...what a wonderful thing that God does bless us with the ability to give Bibles away. Sometimes through others and sometimes both us and others but it is something that never lacks. May you and yours have a safe, blessed year too!!