"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veterans Day 2012

I am thankful to those that have served or are serving in our armed forces.  You have my deepest gratitude.

Here on the farm we appreciate that in every generation we must have those that don the uniform.

I am  what the military most likely refers to as the support network as I have been or am the wife, mother, daughter, granddaughter, sister, niece, sister-in-law, aunt, and cousin of those that have worn or are proudly wearing the uniform of our armed services.  I am ever so humble for their service and cannot put into words my thoughts.




My oldest

8 comments:

Marica said...

Please give your military family members our thanks as well.

Paloma said...

I am soo thankful as well! May we never take for granted our freedom!

kymber said...

Jennifer - there are no words except "thank you". and those words are so small that i wish that there were bigger words. but i thank all of your family members, both living and gone, who have donned a uniform and provided me with the freedoms that i have.

thank you.

such small words.

your friend,
kymber

Maria said...

A lovely post Jennifer. I'm sure there are groups in the US who support the troops but you may also be interested in a group here in Australia http://aussieheroquilts.blogspot.com.au/ We make quilts and laundry bags. People also send postpacs filled with treats from home. All these people outweigh the ones who don't care.

Crystal Mary said...

Your son, is a handsome man, and I know you love him very much.
All of us owe a depth to those valiant men/women who have given up, so much for us. Many gave their lives in death. Others gave their lives as to the torment of mind, ever remembering the horrors they witnessed. In other words..."The Term Of Their Natural Life, in MEMORY PRISON, suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Very sad all around. Yes we need to uphold and support them always. Much love Crystal xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen - it must be something with the way were raised. I too am a "....support network as I have been or am the wife, mother, daughter, granddaughter, sister, sister-in-law, aunt, and cousin of those that have worn or are proudly wearing the uniform of our armed services."

We need to find time to chat! As soon as I have my daughter's address etc in AFG I'll share it with you for my nephew. If they end up near each other maybe they can get together.

Thinking of you today! I know Veteran's day is for them, but between the two of us - thank you for your service too.

Love you
VA Sis

Humble wife said...

Marica-thank you so much, I will.

Paloma-amen!

My Kymber and a huggles and thank you goes to you too my friend. <3

Maria-it is wonderful to read that all over people take care of those that have served in the armed forces. I pray we never forget!!

Oh Crystal, I am with you...some have given so much to serve in our armed forces and the side effects are life long. May we be forever thankful to those that are carry the wounds as you share-and for those that are their support network(family etc) as these people are also to be offered our thanks. <3

VA SIS-things for nephew-aka first, may be different. When you can break free from a zillion hours of things, please call. Oh and definitely need the address for niecey poo when over there...<3 toooooooo and must remind you that you are to be thanked as well!!!

Vickie said...

Your son is so handsome. But aside from that - my deepest gratitude to him and the others who serve. Please tell him thanks from all of us here!