"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The President

will remain for a second term.

What does this mean?  What will this mean for America?  What does this mean for the world?  
Well I will not answer these questions aside from this: God is in control.


Now on to the training/belated anniversary trip:

 Bill has training for two days, so while in training, I have the days to myself.  I confess that this time has been used wisely!!  I turned all the lights off...and slept for a while.  I watched television for a while, and the commercials seem to be even more annoying and louder, so I turned off the television.  I brought things to read so I have been reading.
Here is one of the things I am reading.  I have been studying the Holy Days in the Bible.

 This is where I am right now.  Ignore the laptop from almost six years ago and 
look beyond.  Yep, I brought my own bedding.  Bill removed all the hotel bedding, we then Lysoled like crazy, and I made the bed with my own bedding.  I figure that I can share my angst of staying in hotels if I share how I deal with it. We also Lysol the floors well and everything else in the room.
I blame thank Oprah for my issues and an expose show she did many years ago!

 I loved the mural just outside Deming, New Mexico. 

 Walk about break on our drive.  Love the desert southwest!!

 Standard hotel photo.  Palm trees are the bonus!

 A bit of our drive through this canyon

And the only fast food restaurant I like.
The first night we came to Mesa we ate a late dinner here. 
After six years, it was every bit as good as we remembered!

Last night we had rice and beans in the hotel room.  Even far from the farm, we 
are on a budget and cautious of every penny we have.  

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things will get worse a little more slowly than they would have had Governor Romney been elected

Gayle said...

I am so very thankful I did not see what Oprah had to say. I will continue to live in bliss as far as hotels are concerned. :)

Looks like a lovely drive. Don't you just love to take it all in?

Maria said...

hi Jennifer, is there a problem with motel bedding? What don't I know? When we travelled in Europe, a fellow traveller (who came from Oregon) had problems with allergies from whatever the room staff sprayed the bedspreads with, as these were not changed when new guests took over a room :-(

Humble wife said...

Anonymous-silly little comment...that is impossible to prove. I will refrain from any thoughts upon your statement.

Gayle-lol about Oprah-it still haunts me! The drive was lovely and I cannot wait to head back on the same drive!

Maria-Oprah Winfrey had a talk show and one time she did an expose on hotel rooms...and how many bodily fluids were all over and how little the bedding is changed. Ugh. We knew that the comforters were never changed but after that show, I have struggled staying in hotels. Usually we camp...to prevent this!!

Susan said...

I always appreciate seeing the lovely graphics NM puts on their highways.

Maria said...

Eeuuwww! how horrible!Thank you for explaining Jennifer!

Pam Rios said...

oh my word! you mean Agustin and I aren't the only ones who do perform these exact procedures!?? ;)