"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, November 2, 2012

Around and About

Socks hanging around
 
Millie with some hens about
 
From the Blast from the Past files
The kids around former Utah Governor Mike Leavitt
newspaper clipping

Nice to have around
Photo of my parents on their wedding day. 
.
 

 Sigh
The surprise watermelon did not survive~ we had temps below freezing this week...
but I did love the possibility of a rogue watermelon about the property!


I had a bit of a laundry traffic jam today.  I had to take one load down and fold it 
as the next load waited around the bend!

Atellite Inn
Formerly known as Satellite Inn! 
Filed in the about my town folder

 From a Face*book friend

On her wall with the note saying she is not sure where this came from.
I love it.  I wish I knew who to credit for this photo. 
May we all remember that simple acts can make all the difference.
I say it is time for a round of applause for the kindness of strangers.

3 comments:

Cee Cee said...

Jen - I love your blog. It either challenges me to think or it makes me smile. You have a unique ability to remind me of the things in my life that I'm thankful for.

Love you
VA Sis

Sue said...

Amen.

Humble wife said...

Oh VA SIS...how I love thee! Unique I am for sure, as you well know. I know when it is the time to unique up on my siblings and scare them!

My uniqueness(translation-goofy, strange, crazy) has allowed for my siblings all to have me as the sister. You know what I mean-whenever anyone has stories about their childhood or family, you all have me as the reason for all your woes!! lol...signed the leg shaker, hair twirling, pony tailed, onion loving, sis. You are most welcome as I am the very reason you can say you are the sane one. I took the fall for you all. I rhyme without reason and in any season...and I seem to be out of control. <3 ya C.