"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Garden

is still producing.
The volunteer melons are almost ready.  
By the way, weaving through this area of the garden frightens silly old me. 
I feel as though ten thousand rattlesnakes are awaiting for my ankles.
Next year my squash will be like this-click here.  
Then I suppose I will fear snakes falling, maybe I do need to schedule an appointment with Doctor Phil!

Leaf lettuce continues to grow and I enjoy salads in a jar, like the fifth photo in this post.

And Samson is the garden guard.


3 comments:

Katidids said...

Looks good! I have 2 lopes left trying to ripen. But I have to admit those snakes would have me wetting my pants!

Paloma said...

Great pictures! Love Samson!

Humble wife said...

Katidids~lol on the snakes...believe me!

Paloma~thank you, ps...we love Samson too!! ;)