"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday Six

Our temperature must have dipped a bit below freezing last night and my summer garden has come to an end.  I am going to harvest all the green tomatoes today and tomorrow I am going to make a salsa with the green tomatoes.

I am looking forward to this time next month.  I have come to the conclusion that spending nearly two billion dollars to elect a president is absolutely embarrassing.  I should add that the campaigning is shameful too.

Conversation at the table while plucking off the tomato tops, "That cackling is Tim the rooster, he cackles every time the hen clucks.  The hen is saying, Call the Cluck-B-I, I have laid so many eggs and no chicks. It's a chick napping, Major Case Squad for sure!"

 These are called Pumpkin Pie bites!  What a winning recipe that I found here(photo from this site too)*.  Have I ever mentioned that I love all things pumpkin, well maybe I have here, here and here.  I love my Hallmark Mr. Deeds poem on the last link,
Happy Thanksgiving
May your food be delicious
And the pumpkin pie never run out!

My internet provider is from Mexico.  Not sure when this happened aside from noticing it last week. So instead of Clovis, NM, Deming, NM, or even sometimes Alamogordo, NM, I am reading your blogs from Mexico, well your provider is recording that I am from Mexico (give or take an hour or so in distance and I am practically in Mexico-so I guess it is close enough).

And number six~it is about a 95% likelihood of someone taking a nap today on the farm...yAwN!

*edited to add that the photo came from the same site as the recipe~ Bakerella.com

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Do you grow pumpkins? I can't remember. Yes, political funds spent are insane. Do the ads really change people's minds? I suppose there are those who are so easy to follow anything they hear, but....

Enjoy that nap!! :)

Humble wife said...

Gayle-yep we do, I had a small crop this year...only 7. My chickens enjoy pumpkins too~ and boy oh boy did I ever enjoy that nap, thanks!