"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, September 28, 2012

With 62 Cents

one can make a simple autumn centerpiece for the table.
Homemade sometimes comes with imperfect lines.
Homemade comes with decor that no one else has.
 Homemade can brighten the mood of the family.

Felt~ 20 cents a piece for a total of $0.40.
The leaves were 50 for $1.00 or 2 cents a piece, 11=$0.22
Total cost-$0.62
Add a bowl of potpourri with pumpkin scented candle and every day can be extraordinary!

6 comments:

Sue said...

I love autumn colours, don't you? Wait...maple leaves in NM? Is that how you decorate down there too? Does your weather look any different in the fall than in the summer? What I mean is are there any changes that mark the change of season?

Happy fall :-)

Mrs.Rabe said...

I love homemade things!

They are unique and it shows an investment in time and effort!

Deanna

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I did some new ones out of scrap fabric in the style of "grandmother's garden" using the English paper piecing method. Other than that my tables look like yours! I love the leaves, I have a box with the ones I got a few years ago. I put them up on the windows.
Why doesn't this surprise me that we like some of the same things?
Love ya
VA Sis

Humble wife said...

Sue-no maple leaves here unless one has a maple tree. I am not sure I have seen one in town. Our spring and fall look the same, but there is a feel in the air for the difference. We also get cool at night because the desert holds no heat. I shared a post about our seasons.... http://doublenickelfarm.blogspot.com/2010/05/its-pot-holder-season.html

It should give you an idea of things!

Deanna-me too! I love crafting even imperfectly!

LOL VA SIS!! Happy so much alike even when we are so far apart sister, oh and happy we share this with OH SIS, new OH SIS, and MD SIS!!

Sue said...

Thanks, for the link and the smile :-)

Humble wife said...

Sue-well of course. Pretty much all things on the farm weave themselves towards joy, peace, love, and laughter, so your smile makes me smile!