"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, September 14, 2012

The Simple Life

I have been adding buttons on the sidebar to gather like posts together.  The Simple Life  truly could be all the posts I have written as the blog is about our simple life~

For ease, I am going to stick to posts that are a snippet or window of the Simple Life of the Double Nickel Farm family.  I will be adding to this as time goes on...and will note the additions.

These are a few of my favorite things(when I'm feeling sad I simple remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad November 2011)
Simple Life (I choose less so I can have more June 2011)
Unload the Patches (It couldn't be anymore simple Reposted March 2011)
The Simple Life(Thanksgiving 2011)
Simple Life(The Road Less Traveled July 2011)
A Window to My Life( February 2010)
The Simple Life (Making Lip Balm February 2012)
Farm Life(May 2011)
The Simple Life( A picnic and a peek into the kitchen March 2012)
What Hasn't Made it to the Blog?(Random simple life posts February 2012)
Can You Believe This Mural?(an amazing early post November 2008)
Slowing Down( The ladder of success and the farm March 2011)
A House of Belonging (A peek inside the farmhouse May 2010)
Simple Life(Jen loves Bill August 2012)
Simple Life (A simple life should include visiting places near your home March 2012)
On the Playground (Simple life for the farm critters too April 2012)
Where's Waldo New Mexico Style (simple life of seeing what is around January 2012)
A Day in the Life (the label says it all And for me a day without a rattlesnake is far more than a great day January 2012)
Small Town America (a peek at our town December 2011)
Know What's Great?(Well worth clicking on this one November 2008)

2 comments:

Glenn B said...

Hi Jen,

A compilation of favorites posts about 'The Simple Life', that is great. Yet, from what I have learned about you, life has not been simple at all. Right now it may be less cluttered than those of most, more determined than those of the great majority, probably much more rewarding too but 'simple' it is not or has not been as far as I can see. Yet, that title fits what you are trying to do better than any other I could imagine.

Now how was that for me throwing in a left handed, double reverse turn, monkey wrench, to complicate things just a bit:)I know, it didn't work.

Your life may be rough but your family seems to have 'living' tuned to a fine art, ever so simply nice, in a way many long to have it. Keep it up and live long and happily with your sweetheart - Bill and with 1st through 4th.

All the best,
Glenn B

Humble wife said...

Glenn-lol! It is all about perspective on what is simple. I suppose to an outsider it may seem arduous, but for us the sweat of our brow has been quite productive. And it is indeed A Simple Life!