"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday Thoughts

On this Saturday~ with all that has been going on in the world, I ask my readers to keep our men and women in the military in your thoughts and prayers.  As for my soldier it appears as if he will be heading back to Afghanistan soon...


11 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

Will do, very good looking young man, praying he does not have to go, if he does praying for a safe and speedy return.

Dani said...

He is a very handsome young man, and a son of whom you are justifiably proud.

May God watch over him, and bring him safely home.

Mrs.Rabe said...

Praying for them and for your son!

Deeply distressed at the lack of wisdom our current leadership displays....

Deanna

Anonymous said...

Well he will be in good company as your niece, Jessica will be deploying in January too. God will have to keep his eye on both of them.

Love ya
VA Sis

Humble wife said...

Tombstock-thank you ever so much.

Dani- I am, and I thank you for your prayers.

Deanna-thank you so much, and I too am worried about our leadership.

VA SIS- lots of prayers in 2013...and pray the cousins time in Afghan is safe, speedy, and secure.

Sue said...

A mother's heartache for sure. I be praying for you.

Humble wife said...

I agree Sue and I feel this way for all of our men and women in uniform.

Mallardhen said...

Is it going to never end, our young men and women need to be in everyone's prayers these days. Afew weeks ago I overheard a man saying that our military know what they are getting into when they join up; you will never know what went through my mind at that point other then I just wanted to reach out and slap that man silly, but I took a deep breath and said, "Lord please give me strength it's in your hands now." I walked away and felt the Lords presence as I did.

Your son, as he has been for a long time, will be in my thoughts and prayers each day. My SIL is home for good as he has knee problems and after 23 years in the military was discharged as disabled. Now to knee replacement in the next few months. He did 2 tours in Afghanastain and 3 in Iraq he is my hero. My daughter received "The Molly Pitcher " award for her service as a non-military volunteer for her work with the Wounded Warriors at Ft. Bliss; I'm proud of them both as each in their own did their service to our country. We'll just keep him our prayers each day and he will be fine, never doubt its power.

Mallardhen

Humble wife said...

Oh Mallard-what a lovely story to share of your SIL and daughter. Behind our soldiers are the families that carry the torch so that the soldier can be on the front lines. We must keep the soldier AND their families in prayer~

LindaG said...

God bless and keep your son (and all our military) safe in his hands. ♥

Humble wife said...

LindaG- thank you and I pray for the same thing also!